Some serious recruiting dominoes going to fall this weekend...

Extraordinarily?

putting aside that Alabama recruits every bit as well or better, UGA plays in a conference with the greatest dynasty ever in alabama, and just 2 years ago lsu was considered one of the best teams ever. Kirby isn’t that good but their path is narrow. They’ve finished 2nd, 4th, and twice 7th in the past 4 years.

Whether Bama is a dynasty is irrelevant. It didn't stop LSU or Clemson from winning championships in the last five years. Neither Clemson nor LSU recruited at UGAs level. It is also a fact that UGA has the top recruiting ranking average over the last five years

They were also ranked as the "most talented" team going into the 2020 season.

You are correct that Smart isn't a good coach. UGAs path really isn't that narrow either- the SEC has had two loss teams make the playoffs and even had a team that didn't play in the conference championship make the playoffs.

A team with the overall #1 recruiting average over a 5 year span, unlimited money, and one of the highest paid coaches in cfb should have at least one championship to show for it. Other programs got through mighty Bama, even another SEC team beat them in Tuskkkaloosa. The fact that a team with equal, if not more talent, hasn't been able to do it is an embarrassment, especially when teams without nearly the talent managed to beat them.

Since Miami averaged around the #18 class over the past 5 years, I have not issue with someone believing they should have been a top #25 rank every year. They only did that 3 of 5 years (60% of the time). It is disappointing. Saying the team underachieved is a valid. But to put Miami, with an average class rank around 18 in the same category of "does less with more" as UGA, a program that essentially has every conceivable advantage, is utterly asinine. Anyone who claims Miami belongs on that list is either a troll or they are not mentally competent. It's simply not an opinion that has even the slightest basis in reality. Anyways, I'm done talking about UGA for now. If you want to white knight for Kirby Smart then you can have the last word.

Advertisement
In the last five years, Miami had finished ranked in the top 25 3 times.

2016 #20
2017 #13
2020 #22

Recruiting class average is probably around 18th. So 60% of the time in the last five years, Miami finished ranked top 25.

Meanwhile UGA is ranked #1 in recruiting average over the last five years and has zero championships to show for it.

Finishing ranked in the top 25 3 times in 5 years while averaging the #18 class isnt vastly underachieving, it's roughly in line with what any person with common sense would expect. I'll even concede that someone could reasonably be disappointed and think that Miami underachieved a little bit relative to the talent.

A program that has averaged the #1 class over 5 years and has unlimited resources, but with zero championships to show for it is extraordinarily underachieving.

I don't normally insult people, but you would honestly have to be at least mildly retarded to think that Miami has underachieved on the same level of UGA over the last five years.
On a serious note. I am with you 100 here. Just use a diff word than retarded. You will not be canceled for it but it is long retired. Try mentally inept.

Whether Bama is a dynasty is irrelevant. It didn't stop LSU or Clemson from winning championships in the last five years. Neither Clemson nor LSU recruited at UGAs level. It is also a fact that UGA has the top recruiting ranking average over the last five years

They were also ranked as the "most talented" team going into the 2020 season.

You are correct that Smart isn't a good coach. UGAs path really isn't that narrow either- the SEC has had two loss teams make the playoffs and even had a team that didn't play in the conference championship make the playoffs.

A team with the overall #1 recruiting average over a 5 year span, unlimited money, and one of the highest paid coaches in cfb should have at least one championship to show for it. Other programs got through mighty Bama, even another SEC team beat them in Tuskkkaloosa. The fact that a team with equal, if not more talent, hasn't been able to do it is an embarrassment, especially when teams without nearly the talent managed to beat them.

Since Miami averaged around the #18 class over the past 5 years, I have not issue with someone believing they should have been a top #25 rank every year. They only did that 3 of 5 years (60% of the time). It is disappointing. Saying the team underachieved is a valid. But to put Miami, with an average class rank around 18 in the same category of "does less with more" as UGA, a program that essentially has every conceivable advantage, is utterly asinine. Anyone who claims Miami belongs on that list is either a troll or they are not mentally competent. It's simply not an opinion that has even the slightest basis in reality. Anyways, I'm done talking about UGA for now. If you want to white knight for Kirby Smart then you can have the last word.
Irrelevant? Really?

Advertisement
Just have to say the Dawg tears are flowing right now…. They are all worked up over their recruiting….There’s even talk about the Canes beating them for Williams and how Miami will be in the hunt if recruiting. continues like it has….

Tears are great! Nole tears, Gator tears. All tears!
Awesome. Love that they are beginning to view us as a threat. But I think we can all agree that the noles tears over the next 6 months will be something that we’ve never seen before on this board

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back