Some serious recruiting dominoes going to fall this weekend...

Advertisement
oh one year, good job boy scout, its not like i was talking about overall trends for the two programs over the last 10 years

In the last five years, Miami had finished ranked in the top 25 3 times.

2016 #20
2017 #13
2020 #22

Recruiting class average is probably around 18th. So 60% of the time in the last five years, Miami finished ranked top 25.

Meanwhile UGA is ranked #1 in recruiting average over the last five years and has zero championships to show for it.

Finishing ranked in the top 25 3 times in 5 years while averaging the #18 class isnt vastly underachieving, it's roughly in line with what any person with common sense would expect. I'll even concede that someone could reasonably be disappointed and think that Miami underachieved a little bit relative to the talent.

A program that has averaged the #1 class over 5 years and has unlimited resources, but with zero championships to show for it is extraordinarily underachieving.

I don't normally insult people, but you would honestly have to be at least mildly brain damaged to think that Miami has underachieved on the same level of UGA over the last five years.

Last edited:
Advertisement

2016 #20
2017 #13
2020 #22

Recruiting class average is probably around 18th. So 60% of the time in the last five years, Miami finished ranked top 25.

Meanwhile UGA is ranked #1 in recruiting average over the last five years and has zero championships to show for it.

Finishing ranked in the top 25 3 times in 5 years while averaging the #18 class isnt vastly underachieving, it's roughly in line with what any person with common sense would expect.

A program that has averaged the #1 class over 5 years and has unlimited resources, but with zero championships to show for it is extraordinarily underachieving.

I don't normally insult people, but you would honestly have to be at least mildly retarded to think that Miami has underachieved on the same level of UGA over the last five years.
what ever you say bro we dont under achieve and uga isnt a perennial powerhouse, got it

what ever you say bro we dont under achieve and uga isnt a perennial powerhouse, got it

If through the 80s and early 90s Miami had won zero championships but consistently finished top 10, I doubt you would be waxing nostalgic about Miami being a perennial powerhouse and would instead be saying it was the biggest waste of talent in cfb history and underachievement on an unprecedented level. On paper UGA has had the most talented team in the country for around the last five years. They have zero rings. Might be a couple of teams that approach that level of ineptitude but Miami doesn't even come close.

Advertisement
some not so subtle hints by Clemson Anna in the past hour or so about Everette ...... Looking like Dabo may be getting both Saab an Everette tomorrow... No crystal balls yet but that could be by design...

I see 247 have Clemson most likely landing Saab & UNC most likely landing Everette. If Clemson lands em both?? Wowzers

Advertisement

2016 #20
2017 #13
2020 #22

Finishing ranked in the top 25 3 times in 5 years while averaging the #18 class isnt vastly underachieving, it's roughly in line with what any person with common sense would expect. I'll even concede that someone could reasonably be disappointed and think that Miami underachieved a little bit relative to the talent.

I don't normally insult people, but you would honestly have to be at least mildly retarded to think that Miami has underachieved on the same level of UGA over the last five years.
Extraordinarily?

putting aside that Alabama recruits every bit as well or better, UGA plays in a conference with the greatest dynasty ever in alabama, and just 2 years ago lsu was considered one of the best teams ever. Kirby isn’t that good but their path is narrow. They’ve finished 2nd, 4th, and twice 7th in the past 4 years.

Just have to say the Dawg tears are flowing right now…. They are all worked up over their recruiting….There’s even talk about the Canes beating them for Williams and how Miami will be in the hunt if recruiting. continues like it has….

Tears are great! Nole tears, Gator tears. All tears!

Advertisement
Looking like that’s going to happen. Rumor this week was Everette wanted Clemson and Parents wanted UNC. Brother is at Elon and proximity was big. Supposedly kid had the choice.

Oh sheesh, bro! Clemson is cleaning through IMG. Smh.

Advertisement
Back