Some serious recruiting dominoes going to fall this weekend...

Advertisement
except us

The next time we have 15 5 stars on the roster or unlimited money and fail to a win a championship, let me know and we can see have a realistic discussion of which schools have done more with less. People who mention Miami in the same breath as UGA or Texas for underachievement are talking out their rear ends.

Advertisement
None are guys the Canes are heavily recruiting but they are being recruited by our competition in the ACC. Mac Brown going up against Dabo for a couple of guys this cycle. Looks like he has a good chance of landing both those targets...

Looks like Kirby is going to take some serious Ls this weekend.....

Based on cbs or predictions made by Wiltfong or 247 writers:

Tyler Booker(4 star OT) -Bama (UGA was feeling good on this one until last night.. UF was also in the mix here.) Looks like he could announce anytime... possibly tonight.

Travis Shaw-UNC or Clemson (5 star DL Kirby has been heavily recruiting)

Deni Davis Sutton-PSU (Dawgs also thought they had this one wrapped up) committing on 7/22

Keon Sabb-Clemson ( 5 star S -UGA has been working the IMG kids hard. Looks like another one may go elsewhere) Announcing tomorrow.

Daylen Everett-UNC or Clemson - (4 star CB the Dawgs have been on for a long time. narrowed down to 4 but believed to be a 50-50 race between UNC & Clemson. Announcement is tomorrow.

Kamari Wilson- 5 star S - Believed to have strong interest in UF and LSU now. Dawgs lost their early traction..
D. Sutton MD ballers usually don't go down South mostly go to PSU or Osu.. like chase and countless guys who are from this state and go to those schools. MD will never win because they can't lock down the area.

D. Sutton MD ballers usually don't go down South mostly go to PSU or Osu.. like chase and countless guys who are from this state and go to those schools. MD will never win because they can't lock down the area.
Oh man, Penn State got whoever they wanted from here for **** decades, now Ohio State and Alabama are raiding and pillaging the DMV. So much talent in this area and Maryland hardly gets any of it.

Advertisement
some not so subtle hints by Clemson Anna in the past hour or so about Everette ...... Looking like Dabo may be getting both Saab an Everette tomorrow... No crystal balls yet but that could be by design...
I'm all for that. Keep the elite players away from UNC. Last year of Sam H. I know they have that kid who flipped from Bama on deck, but I'm curious to see how Mack does once Howell's gone and one or both of his coordinators take head gigs.

I've always thought Mack was a doofus.

Advertisement
Mack Brown has always been a good recruiter. When he was at Texas, all the top kids in that state were lining up to play there, and that stopped when he left.

UNC might be the most important game of the season for us. We need to bloody Mack’s nose before they start getting any more traction.

Long term, UNC is our only real threat in the Coastal
Hes a good recruiter, but Texas had no competition while he was there until around 2008-2010. The Big 12 was a shambles with only Texas and OU as competitive. A&M was trash. Texas Tech was a gimmick. Art Briles had not taken over at Baylor, and the SEC had not yet made serious inroads into Texas. That changed, and by 2011 recruiting was much, much tougher for him.

Mack used to have his recruiting class lined up in APRIL for the following year. He had wonderful relationships with HS coaches. The former changed as Baylor and Okl State became more competitive, and after A&M joined the SEC.

The next time we have 15 5 stars on the roster or unlimited money and fail to a win a championship, let me know and we can see have a realistic discussion of which schools have done more with less. People who mention Miami in the same breath as UGA or Texas for underachievement are talking out their rear ends.
relax nancy, they recruit top 10 and finish the year top 10 consistently, we recruit top 20 and never finish ranked in the top 25.

Advertisement
I’ll go so far as to say that Saban has underachieved. Give Jimmy Johnson that roster and Alabama would have gone 67-1 over the last five years.

relax nancy, they recruit top 10 and finish the year top 10 consistently, we recruit top 20 and never finish ranked in the top 25.

We never finish top 25? LOL.

Capture.JPG

Advertisement
Back