Some ridiculous Ward numbers

Advertisement
Unless Mario & Dawson are total retards, it would take a colossal effort for it not to work with a QB of this caliber.

Hold my beer...

Freezing Jim Carrey GIF

I’m hoping he’ll fumble less since he won’t be getting stacked 4 times a game anymore
I’m a little worried that he:
Holds the ball low when he drops back, and holds the ball a long time, which probably contributes to the high fumble numbers, but also where he seems to make big plays.
My question to the QB gurus is whether they are concerned about these 2 factors Or if I am making too much of this.

Advertisement
Caleb Williams
Michael Penix Jr
Bo Nix
Dillon Gabriel
TJ Finley
Austin Reed
Jayden De Laura
Tanner Modercai
Herdon Hooker
Bailey Zappe
D'eriq King
I'll dig a little, I know some of those guys followed their OC. I'm not sure how comparable that is, but thanks for the list.

I’m a little worried that he:
Holds the ball low when he drops back, and holds the ball a long time, which probably contributes to the high fumble numbers, but also where he seems to make big plays.
My question to the QB gurus is whether they are concerned about these 2 factors Or if I am making too much of this.
Yeah I’m a bit concerned about his reliance on playing “hero ball”. Like, it’s okay bro. We have players around you now. You don’t need to do everything. He had to be Superman for Washington State to have a chance. He just needs to be Clark Kent here.

In my mind, the two most important things will be let Dawson run the offense unimpeded, and work with him on ball security. 48 fumbles is a lot, and a huge red flag going to the next level. In his end, ball protection needs to be a priority.

I'll dig a little, I know some of those guys followed their OC. I'm not sure how comparable that is, but thanks for the list.
Mikey Keene is another one.

Actually, you could add Cameron Ward himself to the list...

Among that list, only Caleb & MPJr followed their OC, the rest had immediate success with a new OC. It's comparable.

But even if it isn’t, that doesn't matter. Ward's talent & skill set is transferable across the board, the only way you mess it up is if you do so intentionally by being a complete idiot.

I'm not sure Dawson is a complete idiot, maybe he is, but I'm not sure he is.

Advertisement
Yeah I’m a bit concerned about his reliance on playing “hero ball”. Like, it’s okay bro. We have players around you now. You don’t need to do everything. He had to be Superman for Washington State to have a chance. He just needs to be Clark Kent here.
Can he throw on time? Maybe its because I only watched the highlights but I saw a QB who makes big plays but seems to do so mostly after the play breaks down.

Mikey Keene is another one.

Actually, you could add Cameron Ward himself to the list...

Among that list, only Caleb & MPJr followed their OC, the rest had immediate success with a new OC. It's comparable.

But even if it isn’t, that doesn't matter. Ward's talent & skill set is transferable across the board, the only way you mess it up is if you do so intentionally by being a complete idiot.

I'm not sure Dawson is a complete idiot, maybe he is, but I'm not sure he is.
terry crews fingers crossed GIF by America's Got Talent

Advertisement
Advertisement
Unless Mario & Dawson are total buffoons, it would take a colossal effort for it not to work with a QB of this caliber.
Hopefully all types of offensive barriers we've have been accustomed too in the past will be things of the past. Our O under Ward should be humming on all levels. Poff should be in every 4th qtr keeping his arm warm all season lol.

Advertisement
Back