Some quick scrimmage notes

Advertisement
I think he breaks out this year . If I were guessing I’d say in the 30’s - 40’s for catches. X is just such an advantage in the slot. Hard to defend or get your hands on a cagey slot wr that runs great routes. I think him and Arroyo will be a problem in the middle of the field. That’s what makes Harrell over the top and jump balls to CY so intriguing. I don’t think we have a “ dude “ but we have a mixture of guys that bring their own strength to the room. George being the most balanced.
Colbie is a dude. That will be seen very shortly.

Advertisement
Harrell may only have 60 catches this year but he’s going to average 20-25 ypc
Starz GIF by BMF

Assuming all stay healthy, which likely doesn’t balpen

I’d set o/u as

Restrepo 48.5
Young 45.5
George 41.5
Harrell 26.5
B smith 23.5
Ladson 19.5
Joseph 15.5

Jmo

EDIT: I revised lol. Was a little heavy in a couple spots now that I think about it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Also, they only played 11 regular season games back then and didn't count post season stats. Add to that most teams just didn't throw the ball that much in the 80's-early 90's so the numbers the Miami guys were putting up were really great at the time. Lamar Thomas led the 1991 team in receptions with 39 and Miami was considered a very pass heavy team at the time.
Also less snaps / game bc of tempo, huddling, and style.

But even if you did 'receptions / game' and pushed to 13 games vs 11 Thomas would have ~47 in 1991

Last edited:
Advertisement
In the last 12 years, UM's had 3 WRs total put up 60+ catches: Hurns, Coley, and Rambo. And none of those dudes averaged 20+ yards per catch. In fact, I don't think any Cane has caught 60+ and average 20+ ypc in a season.

For perspective, Michael Irvin, Kevin Williams, Santana Moss, and Andre Johnson never caught 60 passes in a season at UM.

It's only been done 7 times. Below is the top 10.

Single season

Advertisement
Back