Some News From Campus

I guess it all comes down to what side of this Stuart Miller is on. These BOT members need to buy a phucking clue. I really don't give a flying ***** how ridiculous his buyout is. Al Golden must be let go one way or another. There is no option. Any scenario that has Fat Al coaching here next year is completely unacceptable! Scapegoating staff does absolutely nothing nothing nothing! It's 2 years too late for that. Also I would like to know who his "cult like followers" are.

TedHendricksOffspring,

I'm not sure the BOT or Mr. Miller himself realize how toxic this situation is. This fan base is utterly disgusted and we are dead serious about this. I don't think these people have any idea just how nasty things are going to get and are severely underestimating the financial backlash they will receive if they do not part ways with Golden. If Golden is retained get ready for a full on total boycott of UM football. We're are in no mood to play this time.

@CanesAreAble: Not happening. Eischort might be on the Hot Seat himself.

@FrancisSawyer: Miller has a lot of the pull but it's not only up to him. A lot of high ranking people think the fan base is bluffing and that will blow up in their face.

@Consigliere: About 8 million.

@Everybody In General: This is not over. That's all I got.

8 Million. I don't buy it. No disrespect. That would be incredibly stupid.
I wouldn't be surprised. He had the school by the balls and when you have dumb **** ADs and admins running the show I wouldn't be surprised if they simply gave him what he wanted. Bunch of clowns running things there.

He also had his agent leak bull**** stories about how UCLA and Wisconsin wanted him. He played it perfectly and now they refuse to fire his fat ***. What a disaster the last 3 ADs have been and that is due to Shalala and her bull**** hiring.

It's 8 million. No doubt at all.

@Consigliere: Does it really surprise you that the admin could get owned like that?

@STG: It's 8 million. It's not 3.5 million. He'd been fired by now if it was. And the national media has started to swing on Golden. Where have you been?

@JerseyCanes: They saw it. They are enraged and that might be what actually forces a change.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I can assure you it's $3.5 million.And that is not the reason for him not being fired. But that's your choice to believe that.

How is Goldens name being associated with the HC gig at Nebraska and Michigan if he's such a slouch in the eyes of the national media? Who is attaching his names to those HC gigs?

Advertisement
LULZ at the flood of new deep insiders like STG and patreddick. Everyone giving us that old school chefcane insider talk.

I don't claim to be anything. As a matter of fact, I'm not an insider nor care to be one. I just happened to know a few people and that's it. With that being said, when people ridicule others for bringing any sort of info, no one should wonder at that point why they decide to not bring anything more at that point. I'm simply passing along some news from some people who would happen to know a little about what is transpiring.

If people on this board would just learn to take what people say, and determine for themselves whether to consider it valid or not; I can't tell you how much real "information" would be put out on this board if people would just shut up about "fake insiders" or "I call bull****". What incentive does anyone have to put out information, to then just have people ***** about it.

If the buyout is 3.5 million, i don't understand how we haven't fired him....

Not buying it's 8 million at all. That would have to rank as one of the highest in CFB.

Advertisement
There is a 0% chance that UM would have to pay Golden 8 million to fire him right away.

This notion that the national drive-by media gives a flying fvck about our coach or program is pure unadulterated BULLSCHITT!

This notion that the national drive-by media gives a flying fvck about our coach or program is pure unadulterated BULLSCHITT!

One of the dumbest things ever posted here by a fake insider. Yeah, UM isn't going to fire Golden because some two-bit publication said that Golden would be a candidate for the Nebraska job. LMAO.

@CanesAreAble: Not happening. Eischort might be on the Hot Seat himself.

@FrancisSawyer: Miller has a lot of the pull but it's not only up to him. A lot of high ranking people think the fan base is bluffing and that will blow up in their face.

@Consigliere: About 8 million.

@Everybody In General: This is not over. That's all I got.

I wouldn't be surprised. He had the school by the balls and when you have dumb **** ADs and admins running the show I wouldn't be surprised if they simply gave him what he wanted. Bunch of clowns running things there.

He also had his agent leak bull**** stories about how UCLA and Wisconsin wanted him. He played it perfectly and now they refuse to fire his fat ***. What a disaster the last 3 ADs have been and that is due to Shalala and her bull**** hiring.

@Consigliere: Does it really surprise you that the admin could get owned like that?

@STG: It's 8 million. It's not 3.5 million. He'd been fired by now if it was. And the national media has started to swing on Golden. Where have you been?

@JerseyCanes: They saw it. They are enraged and that might be what actually forces a change.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I can assure you it's $3.5 million.And that is not the reason for him not being fired. But that's your choice to believe that.

How is Goldens name being associated with the HC gig at Nebraska and Michigan if he's such a slouch in the eyes of the national media? Who is attaching his names to those HC gigs?

I just went and asked somebody who helped write up the contract. It's 8 million. You can believe whatever you want and it is definitely a portion of why he hasn't been fired yet.

**** media looking for attention. The media has Golden #1 while Vegas has him at #8 for the Nebraska job. It's all relative. Virginia retained their 5-7 coach and wouldn't consider Golden if it opened up.

Advertisement

I just went and asked somebody who helped write up the contract. It's 8 million. You can believe whatever you want and it is definitely a portion of why he hasn't been fired yet.

**** media looking for attention. The media has Golden #1 while Vegas has him at #8 for the Nebraska job. It's all relative. Virginia retained their 5-7 coach and wouldn't consider Golden if it opened up.

If his buyout is 8 million, then that's just the portion remaining on his contract, and it is spread over a number of years.

If his buyout is 8 million, then that's just the portion remaining on his contract, and it is spread over a number of years.

Just asked again. You are correct with that.

Whether we would have to pay him over a number of years or not, it doesn't change the fact that the buyout is $8M. Of course This is probably broken down so that the initial buyout is like 3M, and if he doesn't work until 2019, he gets the remaining 5. I'm sure we would take it to court to reduce the cost, especially if he gets another job.

So somebody who helped draw up Golden's contract is just feeding you numbers, huh?

That can't be legal.

Advertisement

Whether we would have to pay him over a number of years or not, it doesn't change the fact that the buyout is $8M. Of course This is probably broken down so that the initial buyout is like 3M, and if he doesn't work until 2019, he gets the remaining 5. I'm sure we would take it to court to reduce the cost, especially if he gets another job.

lol, what? Paying somebody 8 million over 5 years (or even 10. I've seen coaching contracts where the buyout is the remaining contract price paid over twice the amount of time left on the contract) is a lot different than paying somebody 8 milion up front.

So somebody who helped draw up Golden's contract is just feeding you numbers, huh?

That can't be legal.

I'm confident saying that Golden's buyout is one of two things: (1) the amount remaining on his contract spread out over a certain number of years (but no less than 5), in which case there wouldn't be any specific number in the contract, OR (2) a lump sum payment that is much less than the amount remaining on the contract.

Advertisement

lol, what? Paying somebody 8 million over 5 years (or even 10. I've seen coaching contracts where the buyout is the remaining contract price paid over twice the amount of time left on the contract) is a lot different than paying somebody 8 milion up front.

Yeah it obviously makes it much easier for the University to pay back. But it doesn't change the fact that in the end you are paying the same amount. You basically said the same thing I did except specified the payout could take 10+ years, which increases the chances Golden would want a lump sum payment...

Advertisement
Back