Some News From Campus

wherrera8

Senior
Banned
So all of this is speculative, but these 2 events did occur today in campus.

Blake James was seen in the Student Activity Center (SAC) walking into meetings with people in suits who looked to have money. This is from what one of my close friends saw, and he knows enough about the situation to put two and two together. Not confirmed if it was BOT members.

Second, another one of my friends was walking behind Dr. Whitely, the VP of Student Affairs, and he heard her mention these three words in a sentence twice: "Fire Al Golden". He didn't hear the whole conversation nor the context of it.

All I got. Hang in there homies.

Advertisement
Probably talking about angry fans sending emails to the administration demanding they "fire al Golden".

Blake James was probably meeting with decorators to design new logos and marketing ploys to try to sell tickets next season.

Advertisement
Appreciate the tidbit won't look to much into the verbiatum but anything with those three words being uttered on campus by anybody wearing a suit is an absolute step in some direction of feeling or talking bout the outside noise. Go canes and go admin do what's best for this U

You sure that wasn't "Fire Al Golden...if he brings back AQM"? Eff Whitely.

Blake James was seen in the Student Activity Center (SAC) walking into meetings with people in suits who looked to have money. This is from what one of my close friends saw, and he knows enough about the situation to put two and two together. Not confirmed if it was BOT members.

Second, another one of my friends was walking behind Dr. Whitely, the VP of Student Affairs, and he heard her mention these three words in a sentence twice: "Fire Al Golden". He didn't hear the whole conversation nor the context of it.

What context would anyone need for mentioning in a sentence TWICE ? "Fire Al Golden".

R U trolling?

No offense but these people would not randomly walk down the hall talking about firing a coach with a bunch of students around. No offense but I call BS

Advertisement

What context would anyone need for mentioning in a sentence TWICE ? "Fire Al Golden".

R U trolling?

I am not. I can't stand that man. He ruined my 4 years here with his inability to coach a group of studs.

No offense but these people would not randomly walk down the hall talking about firing a coach with a bunch of students around. No offense but I call BS

It wasn't in the open. My friend was near enough her to hear it. She was talking to another important person.

She also has no input on that. She works with students. It could have been mentioning what she's hearing from the upper people.

Sure they would. "Im sick and tired of getting stupid emails from people saying "Fire Al Golden", "Fire Al Golden", as if I or anyone else in this administration gives a rats *** about football".

R U trolling?

I am not. I can't stand that man. He ruined my 4 years here with his inability to coach a group of studs.

Sucks man. I never got to see a good team during my time at UM, either.

Advertisement
it was probably something like

"can you believe these fans want us to fire Al Golden?"
"no, of course we will never fire Al Golden"

R U trolling?

I accept your sincerity. Let's see if your vivid imagination bears fruit.

Advertisement
I believe what wherrera8 says, he's generally brought quality info to the board from the perspective as a current student. I appreciate that.

R U trolling?

Sucks man. I never got to see a good team during my time at UM, either.

What years were you here?

I can proudly say that we went 0-4 against FSU in my 4 years here. Probably the worst thing for a Cane to have to say.

I saw these "people in suits that look to have money" at the Hecht last week.

That's normal. What's odd is that Blake James was at the Student Activity Center. This is where all the meeting rooms are at and he is never over here.

Advertisement
Back