Some News From Campus

Advertisement
Advertisement
how come when other schools fire coaches they just do it but when Miami does it it turns into a long drawn out soap opera

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I just went and asked somebody who helped write up the contract. It's 8 million. You can believe whatever you want and it is definitely a portion of why he hasn't been fired yet.

**** media looking for attention. The media has Golden #1 while Vegas has him at #8 for the Nebraska job. It's all relative. Virginia retained their 5-7 coach and wouldn't consider Golden if it opened up.

If his buyout is 8 million, then that's just the portion remaining on his contract, and it is spread over a number of years.

Whether we would have to pay him over a number of years or not, it doesn't change the fact that the buyout is $8M. Of course This is probably broken down so that the initial buyout is like 3M, and if he doesn't work until 2019, he gets the remaining 5. I'm sure we would take it to court to reduce the cost, especially if he gets another job.

lol, what? Paying somebody 8 million over 5 years (or even 10. I've seen coaching contracts where the buyout is the remaining contract price paid over twice the amount of time left on the contract) is a lot different than paying somebody 8 milion up front.

Yeah it obviously makes it much easier for the University to pay back. But it doesn't change the fact that in the end you are paying the same amount. You basically said the same thing I did except specified the payout could take 10+ years, which increases the chances Golden would want a lump sum payment...

No, I didn't. Golden can "want" a lump sum payment all he wants but if the contract doesn't call for one, he doesn't get one.

You guys, I can guarantee if Golden is getting fired, It will be all over Twitter, and Porter, Susan Miller, Reynolds, Manny will be all over it.

Advertisement
Back