Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
With the talent Mario is gonna give him to coach he will have no choice but to be good here. He has coached good defenses and he has had trouble.

I’d offer him co-DC along with the DB room and have him coach in waiting because Steele ain’t got much left but he’s still gonna kick out some top 10 defensive units before then
I think LCE mentioned he’s a DB coach lifer. He’s not interested in DC.

"Steele's most recent stop as defensive coordinator was with Auburn from 2016 to '20, during which he was a Broyles Award finalist in 2017 and a semifinalist in 2019 as the top assistant coach in college football"​

@nystateofmind

Hoops GIF by Portland Pilots

Advertisement
Advertisement
Diaz had $2

Diaz had $2m/yr available to him to hire a top dc. He just chose not to….
i dont think this is correct. he did not *choose* not to hire a DC, he didn't hire a DC because he couldn't hire anyone worth anything.

he had TVD as CB coach (inexperienced, sucked), Aristide (OLB (?) coach, (inexperienced, sucked) and Patke striker and ST coach (inexperienced and sucked). only 2 decent guys in TRob and Simpson. who the **** was going to accept a DC position that was destined to fail?

To be 100% honest - I'll start by saying I still don't think it's Ponce and haven't had any reason to believe it is

I've always loved that Satterfield system and the 2 seasons at FIU that he was OC were the 2 winning seasons that Cristobal had there 2010-2011

I've been around the App State program for many years being 45 min to an hour away and attended a ton of Satterfield clinics. Ponce runs the same thing and has been with Satterfield for like 10 years from FIU-App State-Louisville so he knows it as well as Satterfield does.

Would Ponce be the end of the world? No. He's better than Coley. Someone said would you rather have Strong as DC or Ponce as OC and I said give me Ponce 10 times out of 10.

The reality is, I just expect more out of our coordinator hires. I'd love to have Ponce on staff to influence the outside zone run game and some of their concepts but it doesn't make sense for him and his career to leave playcalling to just be on staff at Miami.

Ponce is not nearly as bad as the CIS making him out to be. @DMoney quoted that he heard from a few staffers that app st offense was the hardest to prepare for.

And the man put up a top 25 offense this past season in yards/per game and pts/ per game with Chase Brice at qb. The same Chase Brice that one year before played like *** for one of the proclaimed qb whisperers in David Cutcliff. The same Cutcliff that made Daniel Jones look good enough to be drafted #6 in the 1st rd of 2019 draft.

Now gone and marinate on that for a minute.

And I don’t care if it’s ponce or not just stating facts that he not bad like the mob is saying.

Advertisement
On the 7th day of Mario
The head coach gave to me:

Lane’s running backs guy
Eaton to monitor what they’re eatin’
One…Massive…Samoan…
A mustache muscle man,
A tiny Cuban hobbit,
Nesta in the portal,
And McClendon as the co-OC
On the 8th day of Mario
The head coach gave to me:

A Steele from the Terps’ staff,
Lane’s running backs guy,
Eaton to monitor what they’re eatin’
One…Massive…Samoan…
A mustache muscle man,
A tiny Cuban hobbit,
Nesta in the portal,
And McClendon no longer co-OC.

i dont think this is correct. he did not *choose* not to hire a DC, he didn't hire a DC because he couldn't hire anyone worth anything.

he had TVD as CB coach (inexperienced, sucked), Aristide (OLB (?) coach, (inexperienced, sucked) and Patke striker and ST coach (inexperienced and sucked). only 2 decent guys in TRob and Simpson. who the **** was going to accept a DC position that was destined to fail?

God that defensive staff last year was fkn horrific lol

He rolled into it with Patke, Simpson, Aristide, DVD, and TRob with 1 foot out the door from day 1

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back