Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He’s going back to college. He’s getting recruited by a very young dc who likely doesn’t have the clout to hire an experienced and proven p5 DC.

This is the biggest reason why a top program should not hire the next young gun.
ND is a high paying high profile job. But no experienced coach is gonnna take a chance working for a young inexperienced head coach.
No other program has even picked up the phone to call golden. Even Franklin called Manny and not golden. That’s how bad of a situation ND is right now.

Dorsey was being chased by several nfl teams to be a coordinator and now hired and trusted with one of the best qb’s in the league. Golden is being considered (not hired) by only one coach who is a first time head coach at notre dame with not that big of a Rolodex.

Nowhere near the same thing.
Marcus Freeman is the HC at Notre Dame on a new deal that has yet to begin. Also he's a monster recruiter so that defense is gonna be talented. He's got plenty of clout and ability to get a big time DC. As far as I know you have no idea how Golden is thought of in NFL and college circles as far as being a potential DC. He's still coaching so who knows what opportunities will come up for him.

And the point remains Dorsey getting an OC job does not validate whether he'll be good at it which has been the discussion from the start. Not whether he's qualified for the job. That's what this "he's never called plays" stuff has turned into. And thats bullshyt. Qualified and competent are different things.

I don't fault anyone who would rather have an experienced successful playcaller over a first-timer. Al Golden by the measure people were using for Dorsey is more than qualified to be a college DC at Miami. Former college DC, ex-college HC, current position coach on a team heading to a Super Bowl. And if his name was brought up for the opening here people would lose their minds for obvious reasons.

Advertisement
Donald Glover Waiting GIF
Sad Donald Glover GIF by Crave

Advertisement
Boone actually isn't too bad these days. When I was in college it was a **** hole for the most part.

As a GA Southern alum I agree on the App State fans. I got in a few fights with their fans due to them being ********. Or maybe I was being an *******? I can't remember.

It's a great town of you love the outdoors. I prefer Beech and Banner Elk though, but that's me. Spent nearly a week on Beech this summer and then headed to Buxton in the Outer Banks for two weeks this summer.

Stephen Ross and Mario really having a Mexican standoff to see who can hold out the longest before making a hire

Meanwhile Pat Riley just turned another Publix part time employ into a valuable rotation player
This is so accurate. Though you have to give a lot of the credit to Spo. Amazing that they have, what, 6-7 undrafted dudes who are key contributors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Some guys just really want to be in the NFL no matter what.
Brady wants to be an OC again in the NFL. Apparently the job he is interviewing for with Da Bears .. is passing game coordinator .. same position that Dorsey had with the Bills before getting the OC job. Might be a quicker route to OC in the NFL than coming to UM. Keeps him connected in the league.

Marcus Freeman is the HC at Notre Dame on a new deal that has yet to begin. Also he's a monster recruiter so that defense is gonna be talented. He's got plenty of clout and ability to get a big time DC. As far as I know you have no idea how Golden is thought of in NFL and college circles as far as being a potential DC. He's still coaching so who knows what opportunities will come up for him.

And the point remains Dorsey getting an OC job does not validate whether he'll be good at it which has been the discussion from the start. Not whether he's qualified for the job. That's what this "he's never called plays" stuff has turned into. And thats bullshyt. Qualified and competent are different things.

I don't fault anyone who would rather have an experienced successful playcaller over a first-timer. Al Golden by the measure people were using for Dorsey is more than qualified to be a college DC at Miami. Former college DC, ex-college HC, current position coach on a team heading to a Super Bowl. And if his name was brought up for the opening here people would lose their minds.
First timer? Your not gonna giving Dorsey credit for anything he’s done on offense and learning under some really good oc’s and some pretty good quarterbacks.
But your gonna give credit to golden for being awesome at Temple. Are you also gonna glance over his supervising of of the worst coordinators we’ve ever had and not having a problem with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back