Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fly fishing is great. Lots of cold mountain water streams and getting into our major rivers.. I got into it for a short period of time. A former college teammate of mine runs fly fishing tours in the South Holston River and Watauga areas and got me into it. Haven’t been in a little bit and got rid of my rods late last year.

Hiking there’s some decent places within an hour’s radius. Devils Bathtub is my favorite, Elk river falls, there’s a few fire towers in the area that are good hikes with scenery at the top climbing the actual tower. A few areas to hit a section of the Appalachian Trail are accessible.. Grayson Highlands, Beauty Spot Gap, etc.
We got to the app st game early Boone is only like 2 hrs from Charlotte where I use to live ...I found a great Trout spot behind Valle Crucis park....fished there 3x have you ever been to that spot?

Last edited:
Advertisement
He's being considered to be the Notre Dame DC by a really good former DC who is now the HC and is the LB coach for a defense that shut down Pat Mahomes. Would you want Mario to get into a bidding war with Notre Dame for him?
He’s going back to college. He’s getting recruited by a very young dc who likely doesn’t have the clout to hire an experienced and proven p5 DC.

This is the biggest reason why a top program should not hire the next young gun.
ND is a high paying high profile job. But no experienced coach is gonnna take a chance working for a young inexperienced head coach.
No other program has even picked up the phone to call golden. Even Franklin called Manny and not golden. That’s how bad of a situation ND is right now.

Dorsey was being chased by several nfl teams to be a coordinator and now hired and trusted with one of the best qb’s in the league. Golden is being considered (not hired) by only one coach who is a first time head coach at notre dame with not that big of a Rolodex.

Nowhere near the same thing.

Donald Glover Waiting GIF

We got to the app st game early Boone is only like 2 hrs from Charlotte where I use to live ...I found a great Trout spot behind Valley Crucis park....fished there 3x have you ever been to that spot?
Have not been there. I’ll have to ask around about it though

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Fly fishing is great. Lots of cold mountain water streams and getting into our major rivers.. I got into it for a short period of time. A former college teammate of mine runs fly fishing tours in the South Holston River and Watauga areas and got me into it. Haven’t been in a little bit and got rid of my rods late last year.

Hiking there’s some decent places within an hour’s radius. Devils Bathtub is my favorite, Elk river falls, there’s a few fire towers in the area that are good hikes with scenery at the top climbing the actual tower. A few areas to hit a section of the Appalachian Trail are accessible.. Grayson Highlands, Beauty Spot Gap, etc.
I have pulled many a trout out of the Watauga, and even Dutch Creek which feeds into it. Joe Z (WQAM) fishes up there quite a bit. I use a little glass rod, a 3 wt, for the creek. The trout are small, but you can catch lots of them.

I loved it other than some little fvck standing in line to go in threw a half full beer over the gate and hit me in the back of the head.. got a nice yellowish spot on my Canes shirt too. Wasn’t sure I was gonna make it in after that if I killed an 18-19 year old.

But from the 1st play on it was great for us.
Boone actually isn't too bad these days. When I was in college it was a **** hole for the most part.

As a GA Southern alum I agree on the App State fans. I got in a few fights with their fans due to them being ********. Or maybe I was being an *******? I can't remember.

Advertisement
So, really. No Candle. no Dorsey, no Joe Brady, no Briles. Who tf is left? Frank Ponce & James Coley?? At this point, go after Sean Lewis right hand guy Andrew Sowder if can't get Lewis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back