Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
does making the right hire matter more than making a quick hire? and does prioritizing signing day matter more than making an OC hire?

idk, but that's clearly what mario has decided so you either trust him or you don't. Constant whining about "why can't we hire anyone" when nobody knows any information or the details surrounding it is just dumb
The right hire is absolutely more important than making a quick hire, but the time for a quick hire ended two weeks ago. Arguing that everything is going as planned is also just dumb and founded in less evidence.

It was irony, I never understood the "taxes" point. I happen to live in a region where on this planet where taxes are either stupid high (Germany) or stupid low (Switzerland).

Theres a small region in Switzerland called Samnaun, which is one very few "duty-free" places in Europe. We went there on vacation and thought, if we go shopping there, it must be ******* cheap.

It wasnt. All prices were tax-adjusted and even higher compared to standard prices in Switzerland or Austria. If you have low taxes, prices will rise for just about anything. If 330-500K doesnt net you something somewhat nice, nothing will.

You know I love you, but just trust me on this. State income taxes have an impact. And income taxes are not the same as sales/VAT taxes.

It's literally 5 to 10% extra in someone's pocket, just on the salary side. And if someone wants to say "but but but, higher real estate prices in Florida", I'd say, sure, but you also have a strong chance to sell it for a lot more when you move on to another job too. Can't think of too many UM coaches who have ever lost money on Dade County real estate.

Real estate tends to appreciate more in SoFla than it does in college towns. Yet another advantage to taking a job at UM if they are paid enough to buy a house.

Advertisement
You know I love you, but just trust me on this. Income taxes have an impact. And income taxes are not the same as sales/VAT taxes.

It's literally 5 to 10% extra in someone's pocket, just on the salary side. And if someone wants to say "but but but, higher real estate prices in Florida", I'd say, sure, but you also have a strong chance to sell it for a lot more when you move on to another job too. Can't think of too many UM coaches who have ever lost money on Dade County real estate.

Real estate tends to appreciate more in SoFla than it does in college towns. Yet another advantage to taking a job at UM if they are paid enough to buy a house.
You're not factoring in the higher cost of living, such as home residence prices.

Or, how little Rhules scheme matters when anyone calls it.

But I have explained this point so many times...
Well I guess we'll see.

Here's what we got.
2 seasons calling plays. 2 terrible offenses. Fired.

Here's what you got:
An excuse for why he was fired.

Does an excuse for why someone was fired make someone a good OC?

Hmm, not sure about that. It'll be interesting to track his career. Right now he seems like he'll be a position coach. Maybe he'll get a crack again. Let's see how he does without Rhule.

The right hire is absolutely more important than making a quick hire, but the time for a quick hire ended two weeks ago. Arguing that everything is going as planned is also just dumb and founded in less evidence.
I didn't say it was going as planned, I am in fact NOT Mario Cristobal.

I just said it's clear that it's the order he prioritized.

The narrative that "we can't find anyone" is dumb and unfounded. That is absolutely wrong and the point I was trying to make.

Whether we agree with Mario or not, this is the timeline he chose

Advertisement
You know I love you, but just trust me on this. State income taxes have an impact. And income taxes are not the same as sales/VAT taxes.

No, I dont know you love me. I appreciate that.

Desperate times call for Stubblefield
0E3BB6A3-19BC-4F84-8258-748E6D5FA10A.jpeg

how do you know we can't find anyone?

you guys are acting like 5 year olds who see other kids get toys.

relax, there's a 100% chance that we have coordinators before the season starts
Common sense. We’re the only P5 program with no coordinators and we’re heading into NSD with three coaches, including only one who didn’t come over from Oregon.

Advertisement
Can you imagine the threads in year 2 or 3 after coaches are constantly leaving for promotions and the process takes 4 months? It's going to be a fun ride.

Well I guess we'll see.

Here's what we got.
2 seasons calling plays. 2 terrible offenses. Fired.

Here's what you got:
An excuse for why he was fired.

Does an excuse for why someone was fired make someone a good OC?

Hmm, not sure about that. It'll be interesting to track his career. Right now he seems like he'll be a position coach. Maybe he'll get a crack again. Let's see how he does without Rhule.
Its not an excuse. Brady literally didnt call his offense, he called Rhules offense. If you'd watch some All 22-tape, you know. But you didnt, hence the usage of the word "excuse". Look at the dude who Rhule just hired. Ben ******* McAdoo.

Heres a quick fact for you: From 2018-2020, LSU had Ensminger as OC. They had one great year and two ****** ones offensively. Guess when Brady was around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back