Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We dodged a bullet here IMO.

This guy was way overhyped. He didn’t call plays at LSU and he had Joe freaking Burrow (how many games did the Bengals win without him last year?) and Jmarr Chase, amongst other elite players.

He royally ****ed up calling plays as the Panthers’ OC.

That’s why I never understood why most of y’all thought he was surely gonna get scooped up to be an OC somewhere else.
Joe freaking Burrow was trash before he got there. He was horrible against UM.

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.

I don’t want to get into the internal promotion over everything model.

But they do hire a lot of Clemson alums and loyal guys. That’s why you hire “Miami guys” at Miami and why I advocate for it. I’m not saying hire Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and all that BS. First they have to be a good coach.. if they’re not a good coach it’s pointless.

Hiring guys like Kevin Smith, Mirabal, Field, etc is going to ensure they don’t get poached because they like it here and it’s essentially their dream job. Miami will never have the same pool of candidates as the SEC powers. They just wont

This applies to everyone except coordinators and HC. If you’re making 7 figures, it doesn’t matter. But $300-550K isn’t doing anything in miami. I’ve seen houses our assistant coaches live in on their salary, because they usually rent them instead of buy.. half of this board has a nicer house than them. That isn’t the case in Athens, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Gainesville, Clemson, etc

Hard to attract those guys down here unless they’re from here, played here, or are loyal to the coordinator or HC that they’re following looking for a promotion or whatever

Solution: Ruiz, etc. (or ***** it, even the U) pool $10M-$12M to buy eight houses with a value of $1M to $1.75M (depending on title) and you include housing in the deal. Boosters get to keep the appreciating assets so it's barely a financial burden on them, even profitable, really, and suddenly Miami becomes a place where staff can bank their checks and build a next egg quick.

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.
Most canes fans cycle through the first three stages, spending most of their time in 3 hence why this thread is over 1500 pages

Advertisement
Solution: Ruiz, etc. (or ***** it, even the U) pool $10M-$12M to buy eight houses with a value of $1M to $1.75M (depending on title) and you include housing in the deal. Boosters get to keep the appreciating assets so it's barely a financial burden on them, even profitable, really, and suddenly Miami becomes a place where staff can bank their checks and build a next egg quick.
Pretty solid idea, I’ve worked with a few businesses that have excecutive housing situations like that, makes even more sense in this world since people move around so much

We can all agree that Mario has prioritized recruiting over staff hiring. At least it appears that way to the casual fan.

I’m wondering how many would sacrifice some or part of the 2022 class for a more accelerated hiring process.

Personally speaking, I would have opted for a hybrid approach. Focus on early signing day candidates (which Mario did), and then shift my focus to completing the staff. I would have postponed the 2023 Elite event, etc. and focused my efforts on recruiting coaches. That means we likely fall behind on 2023 recruits to some extent and perhaps lose out on Shemar, but so be it. We would have salvaged the class with the strong early signees.

It’s easy for me to say that now given where we stand, but I’m not so sure the finish to the 2022 class outweighs the impact to our coaching staff. Time will tell.

Here’s hoping Mario nails these hires.
I think that was his plan but he clearly didn’t see TRob and Mcclendon bouncing on him and he was banking on Candle and Belk accepting already.

So that along with national signing day likely delayed the process.

It will be interesting to read from one of our insiders what actually transpired when this is all over.

Advertisement
I appreciate Mario's aggressive approach but he clearly needs to learn how to read people when interviewing or ask their level of interest or something because how the **** do you wait on some guy who's willing to be a QB coach?

Last edited:
I’m no
I think that was his plan but he clearly didn’t see TRob and Mcclendon bouncing on him and he was banking on Candle and Belk accepting already.

It will be interesting to read from one of our insiders what actually transpired when this is all over.
im not sure what the plan is but one thing is certain — Mario has never taken his foot of the gas when it comes to recruiting. His focus on recruiting is maniacal and relentless.

Advertisement
Mario clearly needs to learn how to read people when interviewing or ask their level of interest or something because how the **** do you wait on some guy who's willing to be a QB coach?
According to who was Mario waiting on Brady? It’s been reported where? Anywhere outside this board?

Advertisement
We dodged a bullet here IMO.

This guy was way overhyped. He didn’t call plays at LSU and he had Joe freaking Burrow (how many games did the Bengals win without him last year?) and Jmarr Chase, amongst other elite players.

He royally ****ed up calling plays as the Panthers’ OC.

That’s why I never understood why most of y’all thought he was surely gonna get scooped up to be an OC somewhere else.
Overhyped? He was the architect of the best offense in college football history. Burrow was pedestrian before he got there. LSUs offense had been pedestrian for decades before he got there despite consistent NFL talent all over.

He’s not the next McVay or Sean Payton, but dude is way more than capable of being our OC.

We're willing to make our coordinators the top paid guys in the country, with a Heisman candidate QB, and we can't find anyone. What kind of crazy red flag is that?

We could have filled them, there are people that want to work here, Mario's nuts obviously swing to their own tune.

bachelor in paradise coffee GIF

right...the guy wants to be in the NFL or he would probably have been hired already. move on to the next one.
This is always going to be an issue with NFL guys. Very few, if anybody, working in the NFL wants to go back to college. So if you are looking for NFL guys, you are, at best, 33rd on their list in most cases.

I think it’s pretty clear that none of the insiders have any real clue as to what’s going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back