Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
miami flo says that oc n dc were done as of last night fwiw!! I'm waiting on cribby for confirmation
OCxLu2U.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t want to get into the internal promotion over everything model.

But they do hire a lot of Clemson alums and loyal guys. That’s why you hire “Miami guys” at Miami and why I advocate for it. I’m not saying hire Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, and all that BS. First they have to be a good coach.. if they’re not a good coach it’s pointless.

Hiring guys like Kevin Smith, Mirabal, Field, etc is going to ensure they don’t get poached because they like it here and it’s essentially their dream job. Miami will never have the same pool of candidates as the SEC powers. They just wont

This applies to everyone except coordinators and HC. If you’re making 7 figures, it doesn’t matter. But $300-550K isn’t doing anything in miami. I’ve seen houses our assistant coaches live in on their salary, because they usually rent them instead of buy.. half of this board has a nicer house than them. That isn’t the case in Athens, Tuscaloosa, Knoxville, Gainesville, Clemson, etc

Hard to attract those guys down here unless they’re from here, played here, or are loyal to the coordinator or HC that they’re following looking for a promotion or whatever

I've made this case a number of times over the past 25 years:

UM needs to start buying houses in Coral Gables that are within a few blocks of the UM campus perimeter.

Then, "rent" them to coaches, professors, administrators. At value, of course. Or do no-cash and include the value in the W-2.

Lots of professors and administrators take sabbaticals. ****, when UM professors served as Residential College masters, they frequently rented out there houses and maintained ownership.

Professors and administrators come and go, just as coaches do. Create a neighborhood of about 100 houses from San Amaro to Campo Sano to Granada. Extra benefit, you get rid of the whiny "Coral Gables residents" who complain about everything UM does on campus and how it impacts "traffic". As if the rest of Dade County traffic is idyllic.

Buy the houses. The rent will pay for itself. Everyone will want to work and live at UM, no Miami traffic. Put a fence down Red Road between Ponce and Miller.

I've watched some of this guy's videos. No disrespect to him but he comes across like a clout chaser. A couple things he has is good like with recruiting but in terms of inner workings and hirings...he misses quite a bit.
yea a lil bit but he helping the kids with nil deals! he might be in the know of some old school canes fwiw

Advertisement
At this point, it’s not done until kickoff and they’re standing on the sideline

Even when Canes Football Twitter announces it, it’s not done because someone else stays coming for who we hire.
This. Assistant coaches are hired guns. Nothing more, nothing less. They train, they teach, and they leave. That's the game.

Advertisement
I've made this case a number of times over the past 25 years:

UM needs to start buying houses in Coral Gables that are within a few blocks of the UM campus perimeter.

Then, "rent" them to coaches, professors, administrators. At value, of course. Or do no-cash and include the value in the W-2.

Lots of professors and administrators take sabbaticals. ****, when UM professors served as Residential College masters, they frequently rented out there houses and maintained ownership.

Professors and administrators come and go, just as coaches do. Create a neighborhood of about 100 houses from San Amaro to Campo Sano to Granada. Extra benefit, you get rid of the whiny "Coral Gables residents" who complain about everything UM does on campus and how it impacts "traffic". As if the rest of Dade County traffic is idyllic.

Buy the houses. The rent will pay for itself. Everyone will want to work and live at UM, no Miami traffic. Put a fence down Red Road between Ponce and Miller.
I recall somebody mentioning a few years ago that UM DID own several homes somewhere off of Old Cutler that was used for employees. Tear downs just for building lots were selling for $750,000 - $900,000 when I moved out of the Gables at the end of 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back