Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Us, ND, Ole Miss, and Auburn are having a **** of a time and getting poached left and right. LSU built a mediocre (at best) staff with an endless amount of cash. UF’s staff is less than half as star studded as they said it would be. They still have a G5 DC and Billy is an average/slightly above average OC.

There’s 5 schools that basically take who they want and everyone else goes through this. We’re just going slower than everyone for whatever reason
This is a really sound observation and one that really isn't getting talked about more

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
True. I had a friend at an agency that represents several coaches that Mario has supposedly interviewed, just knowing I’m a Miami fan basically ask me wtf is going on and made fun of the situation.

Some of the coaches they represent are very legitimately good coaches that we’d be happy with. Not getting feedback or offered or anything. Just kind of sitting there waiting or said it’s too late and they’re staying.

Not sure if it’s mario doing his due diligence elsewhere, if this is how he operates, or if he’s 110% entrenched in recruiting because that’s what he thinks needs to happen right now.
Good stuff. I get it he's a tireless recruiter, and it hurts to even think about what we lost in T Rob and B Mac, when you think about the **** dream team of recruiting we could have had with Mario, the two that left, and DVD. Saban and Kirby saw that and was like hellllll no, and they swooped in.
Maybe he thinks he needs to be on the road right now, but I would think that having coordinators in place would have bolstered his chances with some of these kids.

That's Puzzy *** Faqquit Pal....
B6B142A9-FCB0-4FB5-9C2A-C3544652C7A6.gif

Advertisement
True. I had a friend at an agency that represents several coaches that Mario has supposedly interviewed, just knowing I’m a Miami fan basically ask me wtf is going on and made fun of the situation.

Some of the coaches they represent are very legitimately good coaches that we’d be happy with. Not getting feedback or offered or anything. Just kind of sitting there waiting or said it’s too late and they’re staying.

Not sure if it’s mario doing his due diligence elsewhere, if this is how he operates, or if he’s 110% entrenched in recruiting because that’s what he thinks needs to happen right now.
This is the counterproductive aspect of Mario's process (if we circle back and offer them). When we take so long to make a decision, our coaching targets might make a decision to remain put before we ever get the chance to offer. Time is money.

See and this my problem. This is extremely unprofessional. You don't do business like that. You tell them one way or another after a few months. As a person who has hired (and unfortunately fired) people, that's poor management. You don't string people along like that. It's just common decency.

absolutely not. why didn't he allow Kevin Smith to finish out the Ole Miss recruiting class? they're just not hired yet. its the truth right now. doesn't mean well end up with trash guys in the end as we haven't hired anyone really to begin with lol
I’m grasping for straws. That’s all as I am stunned with the lack of movement. Understanding his past hiring timelines makes this sense understandable. But just want us to get something going in the right direction. Good point about K Smith.

Advertisement
Lol what? Alex Smith had one year under Reid of above average air yards. He was not what anybody considered a prolific deep ball thrower for a consistent period of time under Reid.

Reid is a great coach though, anybody who thinks Mahomes made him is stupid.
In his last season there, he was. Thats when KC kinda realized "That Tyreek Hill guy is pretty good"

This right here is the answer to the "why does it matter how long Mario takes to hire his coordinators" rationalization of this protracted process. It matters because candidates are not going to wait around forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back