Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I won’t discount that aspect for a guy on a HC or coordinator salary. It can be a factor. But for a position coach I think it’s overblown.
It was irony, I never understood the "taxes" point. I happen to live in a region where on this planet where taxes are either stupid high (Germany) or stupid low (Switzerland).

Theres a small region in Switzerland called Samnaun, which is one very few "duty-free" places in Europe. We went there on vacation and thought, if we go shopping there, it must be ******* cheap.

It wasnt. All prices were tax-adjusted and even higher compared to standard prices in Switzerland or Austria. If you have low taxes, prices will rise for just about anything. If 330-500K doesnt net you something somewhat nice, nothing will.

Advertisement
so from people at UGA I trust, he was never considering jumping to miami. I know he interviewed with Mario for the Oregon job last year. either way, ive seen the he was gonna come and then didn't in two places so ill believe both stories. it doenst matter which is right anyways bc hes not here. It was obvious he wasn't coming when no move happened after the NC game

Not coming at you but color me skeptical after the whole B-Mac "I never interviewed for UGA" story. Very realistic that Schuman could have been telling UGA people he wasnt seriously considering but telling Mario something different,

Not coming at you but color me skeptical after the whole B-Mac "I never interviewed for UGA" story. Very realistic that Schuman could have been telling UGA people he wasnt seriously considering but telling Mario something different,
I agree. just what I heard from their end. like I said, it didn't change the end result. he never came

Advertisement
Dude turned Alex Smith into a prolific deep ball thrower, yet Mahomes made him. The arguments some guys make on here at times are so laughable.
Lol what? Alex Smith had one year under Reid of above average air yards. He was not what anybody considered a prolific deep ball thrower for a consistent period of time under Reid.

Reid is a great coach though, anybody who thinks Mahomes made him is stupid.

Reactions: JD4
At some point I am starting to wonder if coaches do not like working for Mario. Some coaching circle things they may have heard or something that turns them off in the interview process other than the fact he is sitting on interviews for over a month at a time. He doesn't even have a great history when it comes to hiring coordinators in the first place so this place may turn very toxic if we wait this long and then get some underwhelming hires.

At this point the only good that can come from the wait is if we beat out UF for some recruits without a staff and get some good gator tears

so from people at UGA I trust, he was never considering jumping to miami. I know he interviewed with Mario for the Oregon job last year. either way, ive seen the he was gonna come and then didn't in two places so ill believe both stories. it doenst matter which is right anyways bc hes not here. It was obvious he wasn't coming when no move happened after the NC game
I think the overall consensus that Candle turned down the OC job has just opened the floodgates here (and not in a good way) for all this speculation about other dudes having done the same if what you believe out of Jaw-ja ends up being true.

1 or 2 actual rejections of actual offers obviously could be misconstrued as 4 or 5 guys turning us down when they all were never officially offered anything.

But that was always going to be the narrative with Miami and it's on steroids when the process takes this long. Hopefully it ends like it did with the Rad hiring.

Advertisement
Other factors are guys with kids that have already started back at school and moving them now is a hassle, signing day passing and the image of leaving immediately before/after signing day isn’t a good look to future recruits and makes it harder to recruit. The longer you wait the more problems continue to come up. There’s a lot of work done from January until spring ball starts and having to redo that on a new team is exhausting this late. That’s why you finalize your staff in December or early January before dead period opens.

We’re a month behind everyone on position evals, getting your staff on the same page on scheme and technical stuff we’re running, practice planning, player development planning, setting our future recruiting board, etc.

Just my $.02. We’re in better hands than we were for sure but I’m not a fan of this strategy.
I don’t think the word strategy can be used anymore. Strategy assumes a master plan with a specific aim or result. Dragging things out and being questioned publicly as you lose coaches leans more to perception of lacking strategy than having one……right or wrong.

Patience is a virtue I value making sure you get the right people, but only when patience is required for the better result. I see no benefit to the current situation unless every coach being hired is a current member of SF, LA, Cincy and KC. Nothing that will be spun later will change my opinion on that. Even if Mario kills it, the question of why it took so long will cloud that result. Early Jan announcement was optimal for Mario unless he was waiting on Dorsey. That still doesn’t change defensive announcements. 1 current position coach.

Last edited:
At some point I am starting to wonder if coaches do not like working for Mario. Some coaching circle things they may have heard or something that turns them off in the interview process other than the fact he is sitting on interviews for over a month at a time. He doesn't even have a great history when it comes to hiring coordinators in the first place so this place may turn very toxic if we wait this long and then get some underwhelming hires.

At this point the only good that can come from the wait is if we beat out UF for some recruits without a staff and get some good gator tears

That and hitting homeruns in his coordinator hires. Brady and Belk would be mighty nice!!!

is Lincoln Riley having similar issues now that hes in LA vs Norman? actually asking not trying to be sarcastic. I do know they lost a dude to UT (but Austin isn't necessarily cheap either)
i have no idea. Hard enough keeping up with one team lol.

Advertisement
We not getting no nfl guys no one wants to be micromanaged by mario

10437509.jpg

Advertisement
I admittedly don't know much about Ken Dorsey but it would seem, learning about it over the last few weeks, that he was likely going to be an OC candidate at seasons end for many NFL teams. He would have to have known that and so would Mario. It's very odd that Dorsey would have told Mario he wants/interested to be OC here and it's even stranger that Mario would have put those eggs in that basket knowing A) the chances are low he'd come here if he does get NFL offers and B) he'd have to wait until January/February to get a real answer.
Big bad Kenneth Dorsey. Mister Hot Shot. Mister future NFL head coach. Mister gonna be offered multiple NFL OC jobs.

How's about you explain THIS, pal?!

Screenshot_20220131-111827_Google.jpg

Mario shouid lower the offer by $100k for every day this drags on. Then threaten to release game footage from Kenny's 1st half performance on the road against the Washington Huskies. Time to take the gloves off.

*This was satire. Kenny is a saint and a prince of a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back