Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Jason Candle’s offense it the literal exact opposite of vanilla.

Dan Enox ran a ton of pre-snap motion too, how did that work out?

Pre-snap motion is just a man or zone check, it’s not some special wrinkle that confuses defenses, it’s just used to check to see if the Defense is in Man or zone, there’s nothing complex or special about it.

Lincoln Riley doesn’t run much if any pre-snap motion, would you consider his offense vanilla?
Fair enough. Not arguing nor complaining. Just an observation.

I just saw the ND highlights and those highlights were better plays than those of UAB.

Advertisement
I like a little presnap motion, but people overrate it. Against a disciplined, well coached D, it's useless. What matters is execution and the ability to dictate matchups, things Candle's offenses have done well throughout his tenure. I remember watching them against Manny's D and they abused Miami with crossing routes, with mesh concepts, and he didn't get cute. That's the sign of a good OC, they don't overcomplicate something, they keep going with a concept until it's taken away.

You can do all of what you just said and have motion. The entire premise of motion is to make the defense move and if they hesitate, even for a half a second, you've got your window to exploit. It also can show what the defense is going to do as you're making them move their coverage.

I prefer motion for a plethora of reasons.

Yeeeeea, **** no. See I watched those games and I’m not about to have revisionist history. You see the kind of teams we played when those stats “popped” mediocre, low level teams outside of ND at the Hardrock. If you’re being truthful, you know those stats were inflated because those teams were garbage. Manny is a shiity DC. How he’s gotten to perpetrate this farce for so many years is the lords word apparently. Juuuust watch PSU D over the next couple years..
Listen I'm not going to die on the Manny hill here.

If you want to say stats don't count as if other teams weren't playing similar or worse talent then whatever believe what you want

Advertisement
Toledo Total Offense Rankings with him at OC :
2012: 32nd
2013: 39th
2014: 15th
2015: 30th

Total Offense Rankings with him as head coach: (apparently he's still the play caller?)
2016: 7th
2017: 14th
2018: 30th
2019: 36th
2020: 13th
2021: 38th

On his philosophy:
Love the consistency

Pre snap motion isn’t to see if the defense moves, part of is to see what defense they’re in. Man or zone.

Reactions: DTP
You can do all of what you just said and have motion. The entire premise of motion is to make the defense move and if they hesitate, even for a half a second, you've got your window to exploit. It also can show what the defense is going to do as you're making them move their coverage.

I prefer motion for a plethora of reasons.
You can get a defense to tip their hand through formations as well. Again, Lincoln Riley doesn't rely on a ton of motion, his system works well. People fall in love with certain concepts as if that's the only way to do it. What Candle does has worked for years, despite not having an overwhelming talent advantage. I wouldn't be shocked if it continued to work.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jason Candle’s offense it the literal exact opposite of vanilla.

Dan Enox ran a ton of pre-snap motion too, how did that work out?

Pre-snap motion is just a man or zone check, it’s not some special wrinkle that confuses defenses, it’s just used to check to see if the Defense is in Man or zone, there’s nothing complex about it.

Lincoln Riley doesn’t run much if any pre-snap motion, would you consider his offense vanilla?
Thank you LCE. It’s so funny to see ways people evaluate offense lol.

“Omg how exotic - the TE shifted from the right to the left… this offense must be complex”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back