Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is odd considering we played Toledo twice in the past 5 years. I mean, do you watch Miami?
Past 22 years, so I’m still new. A guy who put up points against our below average corch, who couldn’t recruit or develop LB’s during his time here and was fired by a coach who turned around and did the same thing to him that he fired him for...and a G5 coach who put up points on him..yeeeea, sorry if he didn’t ring any bells chicken little.

Advertisement
Past 22 years, so I’m still new. A guy who put up points against our below average corch, who couldn’t recruit or develop LB’s during his time here and was fired by a coach who turned around and did the same thing to him that he fired him for...and a G5 coach who put up points on him..yeeeea, sorry if he didn’t ring any bells chicken little.
Say what you want about Manny as a HC but he was amazing for our program as a DC under richt.

This toledo offense did very well against the best defense we've had in over 15 years

Advertisement
Toledo gained 679yds of total offense (458 passing & 221 rushing..) this game.

Pre-snap motion is just window dressing, you don’t need it to run a successful offense.

When you have the weapons we have at WR & TE, the Defense isn’t gonna disguise coverages, we don’t need additional checks, we’ll be getting a big dose of Double High Safety & a ton of cover 4 & cover 6 looks. When you have a big arm QB like we do teams will sell out to not get beat by the deep ball which means they’ll overcompensate coverage to the outside leaving the seam patterns in the middle of the field wide open.

Miami has speed & a big arm QB, we don’t need a pre-snap jigsaw puzzle, just line up, snap the ball & force them to pick their poison.
I like a little presnap motion, but people overrate it. Against a disciplined, well coached D, it's useless. What matters is execution and the ability to dictate matchups, things Candle's offenses have done well throughout his tenure. I remember watching them against Manny's D and they abused Miami with crossing routes, with mesh concepts, and he didn't get cute. That's the sign of a good OC, they don't overcomplicate something, they keep going with a concept until it's taken away.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
What? G5 schools usually get the 3 star kids that don't end up at P5 programs, with some other sleepers thrown in. Recruiting rankings cover hundreds, if not thousands of kids, so they are evaluating guys that would end up at Toledo.

Three star is the group of kids that get lumped into a pile that schools at all levels look at. P5, G5, etc. They aren't a 4 or 5 star, so let's chuck them in 3 star since they're receiving interest somewhere. 2 stats, not much interest.

Websites aren't paying much mind to those lower ranked kids. That was my point. How much money is in evaluating kids at that level when the big schools with the large fan bases are the ones tuning in.

Toledo gained 679yds of total offense (458 passing & 221 rushing..) this game.

Pre-snap motion is just window dressing, you don’t need it to run a successful offense.

When you have the weapons we have at WR & TE, the Defense isn’t gonna disguise coverages, we don’t need additional checks, we’ll be getting a big dose of Double High Safety & a ton of cover 4 & cover 6 looks. When you have a big arm QB like we do teams will sell out to not get beat by the deep ball which means they’ll overcompensate coverage to the outside leaving the seam patterns in the middle of the field wide open.

Miami has speed & a big arm QB, we don’t need a pre-snap jigsaw puzzle, just line up, snap the ball & force them to pick their poison.
I’m a sucker for creativity on Offense especially on certain situations. Richt has traumatized me with his vanilla Offense. Hope his success on Offense translates at Miami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back