2019: 82nd (HC)
2018: 12th (HC)
2017:16th (HC)
2016: 19th (HC)
2015: 25th (OC/QB)
2014: 21st (OC/QB)
2013: 33rd (OC/WR)
2012: 45th (OC/WR)

Apparently calls plays as HC. Of course this stat doesn't tell the whole story (efficiency, yard per play, etc) but consistent record of putting out productive offenses.
Thanks for providing some data....as I am doing my own research as well..

Would be an awesome hire. Guy knows how to run a good offense and landing one of the better G5 programs HC as your OC is a massive pull.

It's interesting to note Mario has said numerous times he wants to run Miami like Alabama, and he has huge admiration for Saban and his time he spent there.

Well, Saban has hired:

Mike Locksley
Lane Kiffin
Steve Sarkisian
Bill O'Brien

as his last 4 offensive coordinators. Every one of them was a head coach before becoming an OC for Saban. Candle has a similar background, as did Mario's last OC hire he made (Joe Moorehead at Oregon).
Moorhead was 38-13 at Fordham before leaving for the Penn State OC job and then parlaying that into the Miss St. HC job

The fact that we have fans whining about this possibility is proof that we have some people that don't watch college football regularly. If Candle is the guy, that's a HUGE hire. Candle is a rising star, a guy that I would have taken over Manny when Richt retired, and Miami is now getting him as an OC, despite him being relatively successful at Toledo.

I'd be shocked if he took a demotion, unless there's something going on at Toledo that he wants to get away from. I'm hoping against hope he's the choice, I'd take him over Briles everyday of the week. The only way Mario could top this hire is if he got a guy like Kellen Moore from the NFL.
I would NOT want the Kellen moore that was calling plays this past sunday.........

Advertisement
It's interesting to note Mario has said numerous times he wants to run Miami like Alabama, and he has huge admiration for Saban and his time he spent there.

Well, Saban has hired:

Mike Locksley
Lane Kiffin
Steve Sarkisian
Bill O'Brien

as his last 4 offensive coordinators. Every one of them was a head coach before becoming an OC for Saban. Candle has a similar background, as did Mario's last OC hire he made (Joe Moorehead at Oregon).
Three of those guys were head coaches in the NFL-not the MAC….feels like Dan Enos 2.0

Last edited:
Advertisement

Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

Advertisement
As a Toledo kid, I would absolutely freaking love this hire. He runs a up tempo spread offense, but can totally adjust it depending on the personnel and who his QB is. Reminds me of Mullen in the sense that he has a grear feel for the game in real time. Matt Campbell disciple, and has recruited Florida pretty well. Love his run game concepts and use of TE as well.
I have to change my pants after that last sentence.

Take that level of footballs recruiting rankings with a colossal grain of salt. Nobody spends that much time evaluating kids at that level of football.

Let's say they do in fact have the most talent though, which a best in conference recruiting ranking would suggest. The win / loss record isn't all that impressive, severely underachieving actually. It's basically what we've been doing in the Coastal.
What? G5 schools usually get the 3 star kids that don't end up at P5 programs, with some other sleepers thrown in. Recruiting rankings cover hundreds, if not thousands of kids, so they are evaluating guys that would end up at Toledo.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back