Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yeah.. the point was Simpson was an NFL dl coach..
I didn’t like his recruiting the first time and **** sure don’t like Jess now. Hurtt is a proven recruiter and a pretty good technician. I’d take Hurtt over Jess any day, but I think we are a little ahead of ourselves here. I’m sure the coordinators will want some of their guys. We need to keep TRob or get another phenomenal recruiter at secondary tho, Raymond is going to be a nuisance imo.

That makes me feel a little better but also was has no one scooped him up already? This is a copy cat world I would've thought people would be killing to try to replicate Smarts defense.
LSU tried to hire him away last year but he declined

Advertisement
Yeah.. the point was Simpson was an NFL dl coach..
Over My Head GIFs | Tenor

Advertisement
I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb or Belk

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted by caneville. He was on campus, so confirmed.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

Nick Monroe DB

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
I'd rather have Coley as OC over Brady. What has Brady done as an OC that has everyone excited? The man got fired from his job at Carolina for being a bad play caller. He may be able to design a good spread offense and design plays, but it's an entirely different thing to call plays on game day. Enos was terrible. Lashlee had his issues, but then hit his stride and always set up plays that he new would be touchdowns every game.

I'm just not impressed with Brady as an OC. He wasn't the OC at LSU, yet everyone is giving him credit as though he was. I just don't get it.

Advertisement
I'd rather have Coley as OC over Brady. What has Brady done as an OC that has everyone excited? The man got fired from his job at Carolina for being a bad play caller. He may be able to design a good spread offense and design plays, but it's an entirely different thing to call plays on game day. Enos was terrible. Lashlee had his issues, but then hit his stride and always set up plays that he new would be touchdowns every game.

I'm just not impressed with Brady as an OC. He wasn't the OC at LSU, yet everyone is giving him credit as though he was. I just don't get it.
I understand the skepticism but how do you account for the fact that LSUs offense sucked in 2018, was historic in 2019 when Brady was there for 1 year, and then sucked again in 2020 after he left?

I'm with @Liberty City El , hard pass on Coley and Ponce. If money's no issue go get Dorsey as QB coach. He also is your succession plan for when Brady ultimately bounces. Also, Belk me please. Can't go wrong with either DC candidate but I prefer the 4 man front.
There's gotta be mutual interest though. Why would he leave the NFL where it's possible he may be in line for an OC job to be QB coach here?

Advertisement
Everything about that list is awesome outside of Ponce/Coley. Would love a QB guru in that spot.
I don't know enough about Ponce. Coley was good when he was here. Works good with QBs. I thought he did well with Kaaya.

I'd like to flip it and have Coley as OC and Brady as QB coach because Coley is a good play caller and Brady is a unproven play caller that doesn't have enough experience calling plays.

Does anyone know if Mario will be using separate DB coaches like Manny? I’d like to see TRob and DVD both stick around but I can’t imagine either would be interested in being moved off field.

Hard pass on James Coley for any position.

There's gotta be mutual interest though. Why would he leave the NFL where it's possible he may be in line for an OC job to be QB coach here?
Fair enough. Do we know there isn't interest though? Make him tell you no. My point is those shouldn't be your first options

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back