Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
What does Schuman actually do as "co DC"? Lanning gets all the credit. When you watch a game they don't say "Dan Lanning and Glenn Schumann's defense". They say "Dan Lanning's defense". Does Schumann call any plays? If not than he's like Thomas Brown was here as "Co OC". Meaning nothing but a title

That's just anododal to look at the stats as "with and without Joe Brady." The real deal is that Joe Burrows, the son of a footbal coach, and Heisman winner was no longer there. That’s the reason why the offense wasn't the same. Just like Clemson's offense fell of when Sunshine turn pro and DJ U was just above a 55% passer and finished 13th out of the 14 QBs in the ACC.

Brady called plays at the goalline per Ensminger in this article I just added to my previous post.
Burrow was there in 2018 with Ens and Brady obviously wasn't there and their offense was pedestrian, the same squad we opened against in Dallas. And the arrangement of their playcalling was clarified during the national title game lsu played vs Clemson by Herbstreit live on air.

Cutcliffe, Wells, Mullen, Fuente, Addazio all worth reaching out to for analyst positions. Saban had Locksley and Sark in the same roles ffs.

Id kick the tires on Patterson as well and gauge his interest on the defensive analyst side.
Maybe Cutcliffe could be a background QB coach for TVD. Make him some kind of assistant if he’s interested like Lashlee had.

Advertisement
I update my post to include an article where Ensminger explains what went on.

I think Joe Brady gets a lot of credit of of Joe Burrows back. There simply isn't a large enough sample size to crown his *** as some offensive guru. The passing game he brought to the table allowed Burrows to maximize his skill set. I give him much credit for that. He can do the same thing here for TVD. I'm just not sold on him as a play caller. Coley is better and has more experience. It's a bigger deal to call a complete game than just certain situations.

With all the praise for 1 year with LSU, you have to factor in the criticism as an OC at the Carolina Panthers where he was fired for his play calling. I realize that's the NFL, but he was in the NFL under Sean Peyton. The simple truth is that there isn't enough body of work and thst makes me feel u comfortable. TVD can mask a lot of short comings from a coach and make him look better than what he is. As I said, I think he'd be great for TVD. I'm just not sold on h calling plays.
He was the scapegoat for one of the worst head coaches in the NFL who wants to run the ball more.

There’s absolutely no way you just typed that sober.

Like absolutely none. COLEY OVER BRADY MAN!?! ARE YOU ON CRACK??? ARE YOU MENTALLY OK?

I really, really advise you to go watch some of our games when he was OC because it’s clear you haven’t, then if you still have that opinion…I have no answer.
Dude has been a 1 hit wonder and you and the other slobbers are all on his jock. He's not a proven commodity. One year of success doesn't prove it.

You all just trying to put down any criticism, but Imputting up facts. You have to look at the bad with the good not just 1 year of good.

You fantasy booking with that list. Sheesh.

How many future head coaches is Mario finding with this first incarnation of a staff? 2? 3? Would be pretty big time.

Brady, Coley, Seider, McClendon, Mirabal as an offensive staff is drugs.

If you're moving Field, VanDyke, and Artiside to off-field roles and focusing on the recruiting aspect...what a reinforcement of that aspect of the operation.

Advertisement
Burrow was there in 2018 with Ens and Brady obviously wasn't there and their offense was pedestrian, the same squad we opened against in Dallas. And the arrangement of their playcalling was clarified during the national title game lsu played vs Clemson by Herbstreit live on air.
All you have is "obviously. " Nothing to back it up. No substance whatsoever.

Let's look at it this way. Did Lashlee make TVD or did the offense allow TVD to be who he is?

I'd rather have Coley as OC over Brady.

7040E819-9E44-4686-95E8-C1F1281D727B.gif

All of his comments make zero sense.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but saying you want Coley over Brady is…like I don’t think I can come up with a more skewed comparison. I guess I’ll try.

Coley > Brady is like saying you went to two restaurants. Coley’s served really good appetizers, and then the main course and dessert were atrocious. I’m talking severely undercooked rabbit, food poisoning just fully committed to your stomach, your keyster is going to be hotter than Satan hosting a summer barbecue with David Epstein himself. You’re so shocked because you heard about all these great chefs working under Mr. Coley, but the food severely underwhelmed.

Brady is behind a ghost kitchen, but he’s making creations that explode in your mouth; orgasmic really. Rave reviews across America, multiple restaurants fighting for him, no one, literally no one has matched his culinary prowness, and every restaurant would try him if they could.…AND THERE ARE ACTUAL PEOPLE WHO PREFER TO **** OUT THEIR A$$ FOR DAYS INSTEAD OF TAKING BRADY.

Some of you deserve a football team that’s 7-5.

Advertisement
He was the scapegoat for one of the worst head coaches in the NFL who wants to run the ball more.
Make excuses. The man simply doesn't have the body of work to deserve all the accolades you and others are trying to give him.

You all sound like Manny Diaz apologist and excuse makers there to defend their man.

Let all his work speak for itself good and bad. There just isn't enough it.

All you have is "obviously. " Nothing to back it up. No substance whatsoever.

Let's look at it this way. Did Lashlee make TVD or did the offense allow TVD to be who he is?
It's a fact Ensminger was the sole OC in 2018 with Burrow as starting qb and the offense wasn't good. What more proof do you need ? Just go back and watch that 2018 LSU offense for all the proof you need. And did Lashlee make TVD ? No, TVD is definitely a stud who could succeed under several OC/QB coaches, but as his qb coach he deserved a certain amount of credit for grooming, cultivating Tyler's natural talent for 2 years.

Advertisement
He was the passing game coordinator and WR coach. Steve Endmenger was the OC and QB coach.
My understanding is that Ensminger called the plays. I don't know what Brady did for the offense, but he didn't call plays until he got the Carolina Panthers job. And got fired mid season for not being a good play caller.

I found this article where Ensminger explains his gameday play calling and relationship with Joe Brady. Ensminger give much credit to Joe Burrows as being so smart and making everyone look good. According to Ensminger, Brady worked with.Burrows during the game asking him what he saw and relying it to Ensminger so he could set up the plays for the next series. Ensminger was definitely the play caller, but he does give credit for Joe Brady calling the plays down around the goalline 12 yar yards and in.
I think Brady gets and should get credit for bringing in an innovative high scoring passing game that took advantage of the skills of Joe Burrows. I'm perfectly fine with him doing that here for TVD. I just don't want him calling the plays. Calling plays is an artwork. Some guys are much better than others. Brady may have learn from Sean Peyton, but he doesn't have the skills that Peyton does at calling plays.
There is no S at the end of Burrow. You must watch a lot of football…

I'd rather have Coley as OC over Brady. What has Brady done as an OC that has everyone excited? The man got fired from his job at Carolina for being a bad play caller. He may be able to design a good spread offense and design plays, but it's an entirely different thing to call plays on game day. Enos was terrible. Lashlee had his issues, but then hit his stride and always set up plays that he new would be touchdowns every game.

I'm just not impressed with Brady as an OC. He wasn't the OC at LSU, yet everyone is giving him credit as though he was. I just don't get it.

Good video overall. He touches on Brady's offense among other things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back