Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a fact Ensminger was the sole OC in 2018 with Burrow as starting qb and the offense wasn't good. What more proof do you need ? Just go back and watch that 2018 LSU offense for all the proof you need. And did Lashlee make TVD ? No, TVD is definitely a stud who could succeed under several OC/QB coaches, but as his qb coach he deserved a certain amount of credit for grooming, cultivating Tyler's natural talent for 2 years.
That was Joe Burrows 1st year as a stsrter.

If you read all my posts, I did give much praise to Brady for bringing in and changing their passing game.

I did say I think he'd be great for TVD.

I also said I'm not sold on him as a ply caller and I think Coley would be better at calling plays. Coley had a lot more experience.

Advertisement
Make excuses. The man simply doesn't have the body of work to deserve all the accolades you and others are trying to give him.

You all sound like Manny Diaz apologist and excuse makers there to defend their man.

Let all his work speak for itself good and bad. There just isn't enough it.
Wow, talk about apples and bananas here. What does me going up against blatant false information have anything to do with Manny Diaz?

1. Brady was forced to call Rhules offense. Thats a fact, not an excuse.

2. Brady installed the whole passing offense. Especially the RPO plays that no one figured out, not even Kirby or Saban.

3. LSU has struggled before and after Brady. Big time.

These are facts, not excuses. Deal with them or shut it.

I’m taking a wait & see approach.

But James Coley? Like for real lmao... I got no problem with it as a TE’s coach because he can recruit, but QB’s, idk bruh...

Ponce is worse though. No amount of spin can get me behind that move.

I think ultimately Mario will put together a good staff & hopefully it all works out, so we’ll see.
Why no Ponce, I think he did a good job at app state this year with 2 time retread QB that crapped the bed at Duke the prior year under a QB guru in Cutcliffe. Word is he also recruited TVD to the ville.

As a TE’s coach I have no problem, great recruiter.

He got demoted at UGA as OC for the same sh*t he did here, bad caller & yes his style of offense is going in reverse from what we need.

As far as Brad, his best season was with Richt & Richt wasn’t that good of a play caller or OC either.

Again, as TE’s coach I’m all for it, anything else, is disappointing IMO, especially when we can afford to buy whoever we want.
Is this the same HB pass in the snow Coley? NO Thanks to him or any other Corch that has already been fired from Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
Good video overall. He touches on Brady's offense among other things
All you trying to come to his defense. My issue ISN'T his offense.

I'm not sold on him as a play caller.

Just look how fans jumped all over Lashlee (me included) for some terrible play calling especially short yardage. Lashlee improvesd as the season went on and he has years of proven experience as a an OC.

Joe Brady had one year of success as a part time play caller at best with an extremely intelligent QB that flourished in his passing offense.

It takes more than just one year of success and he wasn't the OC or primary play caller. FACT.

There’s absolutely no way you just typed that sober.

Like absolutely none. COLEY OVER BRADY MAN!?! ARE YOU ON CRACK??? ARE YOU MENTALLY OK?

I really, really advise you to go watch some of our games when he was OC because it’s clear you haven’t, then if you still have that opinion…I have no answer.
I’m too busy right now but glad someone said it lol.

If you read all my posts, I did give much praise to Brady for bringing in and changing their passing game.

I also said I'm not sold on him as a ply caller and I think Coley would be better at calling plays. Coley had a lot more experience.
Brady definitely has a short resume so some skepticism is definitely valid. But his impact, however big or small at the college level was literally record breaking. How he did at Carolina doesn't really affect my judgment since he's dropping back down to the college level. We'll see how it goes here, Brady will have plenty of tools to work with at the skill positions here so I feel pretty optimistic.

Advertisement
I don't know enough about Ponce. Coley was good when he was here. Works good with QBs. I thought he did well with Kaaya.

I'd like to flip it and have Coley as OC and Brady as QB coach because Coley is a good play caller and Brady is a unproven play caller that doesn't have enough experience calling plays.
You have to be really young or drunk. Maybe both, because apparently you've forgotten how bad Coley was as a play caller during his first stint here. Bubble screens all **** day long. He seemingly never adjusted to anything. Then he goes to UGA, couple years later, the OC position falls into his lap when Kirby gives him the keys to the offense. Then quietly takes the play calling duties away after a short time because he was so bad. Coley is a good position coach, really good recruiter....but a poor play caller.

A lot more bad experience.

Wow, talk about apples and bananas here. What does me going up against blatant false information have anything to do with Manny Diaz?

1. Brady was forced to call Rhules offense. Thats a fact, not an excuse.

2. Brady installed the whole passing offense. Especially the RPO plays that no one figured out, not even Kirby or Saban.

3. LSU has struggled before and after Brady. Big time.

These are facts, not excuses. Deal with them or shut it.
He DOESN'T have a large enough body of work. PERIOD.

Show me where he wasn’t running his own offense at Carolina.

Advertisement
I think we need a QB coach technician on the staff. TVD is a tremendous QB but he still has things he needs to work on. Brady isn't a QB coach. Coley seems like hes just a dude there as a recruiting ace, but isn't going to be teaching TVD the finer points of being a QB.
Tino Sunceri. This guy can coach technique. Current QB coach at James Madison. Was at Bama prior 2 years and TN before that. He is young but good

That makes me feel a little better but also was has no one scooped him up already? This is a copy cat world I would've thought people would be killing to try to replicate Smarts defense.
He probably knows he’ll be top dog once Lanning gets a HC gig. I’m not sure how many big time jobs have come calling for him honestly though.

I don't know enough about Ponce. Coley was good when he was here. Works good with QBs. I thought he did well with Kaaya.

I'd like to flip it and have Coley as OC and Brady as QB coach because Coley is a good play caller and Brady is a unproven play caller that doesn't have enough experience calling plays.
Other way is better as long as Coley provides game planing input to Brady. Coley would help Brady grow as an OC

Advertisement
Brady definitely has a short resume so some skepticism is definitely valid. But his impact, however big or small at the college level was literally record breaking. How he did at Carolina doesn't really affect my judgment since he's dropping back down to the college level. We'll see how it goes here, Brady will have plenty of tools to work with at the skill positions here so I feel pretty optimistic.
OK. Like I said, I give him credit for his passing game. I said he would be great with TVD. He doesn't have enough experience where I would be comfortable with him calling plays.

Coley is a known commodity like him or not. I like something known vs something unknown. I'm not even saying he's better than Brady. I'm saying he has more experience and I know what I'm going to get. He was a good play caller here and was good with Kaaya.

Brady is a splash hire with everyone all in as you can see from his defenders. I'm just taking a pragmatic approach.

from a recruiting standpoint, i think this staff can go toe to toe with anybody

from an and o's standpoint, not sure

and i aint gonna lie, i had been hoping and praying we could lure dorsey here to be co-oc/qb coach. him and brady would be fearsome.
We’d have to give Dorsey the whole offense. He’s got to be next in line in Buffalo after Daboll gets a HC job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back