Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, 100%. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm just saying, if you say no to Corey Raymond, you better be **** sure you got somebody better on lock. And I'm not even getting into the better argument, let's just say someone at least comparable. You don't say no to Raymond if there's an inkling of a chance you're left holding your **** in your hand.
He didn't actually say no to Raymond. That's not what Cribby said. Cribby said Raymond reached out and before Mario got back to him UF offered and he took it. We are talking about 24 hours. That lines up with LCE saying that Raymond prefers to coach in the sec. I think Mario cam be critizied for not returning the call immediately but it's not like he said no to Raymond as it's being portrait.
Cribby correct me if I'm wrong.

Advertisement
Genuine question — how is that dude on the same level as T-Rob? He seems like he has a bright future, but we don’t know for sure how well he would do at UM.
No he’s on par as a recruiter. He was Maryland’s best guy when Durkin was there. Antoine Brooks and Darnell Savage were his guys.

Advertisement
He Said he can only go by what he’s telling the kids and recruits. He didn’t guarantee that he’d leave but just what he said
I posted very early on that big fish would be making a run at T Rob even though people kinda scoffed at that. But like you said I can only go on what a coach is telling players and recruits. I assumed Uga would be the threat . He told kids he was being retained and after that kept saying he was staying. But If I knew leaving was an was an option I'm positive Mario had to know.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He didn't actually say no to Raymond. That's not what Cribby said. Cribby said Raymond reached out and before Mario got back to him UF offered and he took it. We are talking about 24 hours. That lines up with LCE saying that Raymond prefers to coach in the sec. I think Mario cam be critizied for not returning the call immediately but it's not like he said no to Raymond as it's being portrait.
Cribby correct me if I'm wrong.
When Mario got word it was already done.

Advertisement
Is Frank Ponce a legit option?
1642651159194.gif

Advertisement
Well now that this is out I’ll say it. I knew late afternoon he was gone, I was told to not say anything until players were notified. I told a couple people I trust @Hoyacane1620 , @IndayArtHauz and @Dwinstitles when he asked. My post earlier was true , he was telling players up to yesterday he was returning. As @Boarcane mentioned there was a meeting yesterday. But I made sure to add if he leaves it would be a very bad look after everything he’s told recruits and especially players. Reiterating he was staying.

It’s a nasty business , everyone is out out for themselves. His goal is to be a head coach and he likely thought this was the best option to speed it up. It sucks but i think we’ll be just fine. Recruiting won’t be an issue regardless if he’s here or not.
We got this bruh it's a huge loss but Mario hires elite recruiters. He should of never honored his word and went for Raymond though in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back