Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toledo also has had the #1 recruiting class in the MAC for the last 5 years and #2 in 2016 so going by rankings, they are the most talented team in the MAC and *should* be producing at a high level
Yes but it’s already been posted that the gap between Toledo and the average MAC team’s recruiting ranking was pretty negligible. They had the best classes but by really small margins. It’s not like they had a P5 roster and they were playing outmatched teams every week.

Advertisement
Toledo also has had the #1 recruiting class in the MAC for the last 5 years and #2 in 2016 so going by rankings, they are the most talented team in the MAC and *should* be producing at a high level

From what I've seen of MAC these last few years, there really isn't that much talent disparity between best and worst...they are all recruiting mostly Big10 (and some southeast) rejects.

Any reason this is at 60 pages already? We need mods to be able to pin important comments at top so people don’t have to scrub the entire thread for cribby or Jaycane

Advertisement
So, 2-3 media outlets reporting Briles has been offered the OC position. Are we believing they were fed false info?? Mario is just waiting for Candle??
Think about the timing. So we are to believe that Briles was option one and then turned us down and then we went to Candle?

That would contradict the footballscoop article which is what triggered the Briles leaks.

The easier explanation is that Arkansas was playing hardball on the raise for Briles and the article dropping killed any leverage he had against the school so his agent fed Mcmurphy the story about being offered the job to force Arkansas’s hand (which worked as they are now working on an extension).

“Sources earlier told FootballScoop that Cristobal also had discussed the top offensive post with Arkansas play-caller Kendal Briles.

But Candle, who’s guided the Toledo Rockets’ program for the past six seasons, has been considered Cristobal’s top target for the past several days, per sources with direct knowledge.”

Advertisement
I'm going to be honest, I don't really like Candle. Briles, Brady, even Dorsey with no OC experience, had me nodding my head. Candle is not a trade up from Lashlee.
I tend to agree with you. While we could do worse, I'm not feeling it. Going against G5 competition doesn't equal diagnosing an NFL D, or doing what Briles has done at every stop.

That being said, I'll give him a shot if he's hired.

Advertisement
I'm going to be honest, I don't really like Candle. Briles, Brady, even Dorsey with no OC experience, had me nodding my head. Candle is not a trade up from Lashlee.

I loved Candle 2016-ish. You can probably find posts from me on here or the WEZ talking about how he’s my Top 3 for OC.

But his offenses have just collapsed since then. When you have to argue that every analytic model is wrong every single year, it’s time to admit the truth.

I tend to agree with you. While we could do worse, I'm not feeling it. Going against G5 competition doesn't equal diagnosing an NFL D, or doing what Briles has done at every stop.

That being said, I'll give him a shot if he's hired.
Toledo plays money games every year against Power 5 competition. We saw his offense up close in back to back years. There is plenty of evidence of what he does against the big boys.

Advertisement
Do u know anything about his offenses?

I am no Lance R. But I've seen them play at least a handful of times over the past couple of years. Nothing struck me as brilliant. I also looked at his recruiting classes, consistently #1 or #2 in the MAC, yet his offensive production is nothing special. If anything, he's gotten worse over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back