Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not Briles & it might be Candle if he accepts it.
Yep, every credible person on this board and Twitter seem to think the job was offered to Candle. McMurphy and Gaby are saying we offered Briles. Every hater of UM and Arkansas fans are saying Briles turned us down.

I think I’m going to trust the credible sources on this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement

You can cycle through each year for each different analytic metric

Toledo HC & OC
87th in 2021
27th in 2020
100th in 2019
50th in 2018
30th in 2017
10th in 2016

Toledo OC
39th in 2015
38th in 2014
41st in 2013
66th in 2012

Those rankings are pedestrian. Hopefully there are other stats that show more promise.

Advertisement
What would happen to this board? Just change title of thread to random **** you guys want to talk about? Can we get back to wrestling or music till we get and official Miami notice?
How about musical instruments? I picked this beauty up last week.

Attachments

• DSC00100.JPG
    DSC00100.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • DSC00101.JPG
    DSC00101.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Advertisement
Hmm. That's...not great. I love advanced stats in baseball but I don't know as much about them in football. Can someone explain why there seems to be such a gap between the traditional metrics (which seem to like Toledo) and advanced metrics for Toledo's offense?
Offensive FEI rating weighs a team’s expected performance against an average opponent on a neutral field. G5 programs tend to play a majority of their games against below average competition so FEI punishes them for it despite the fact that they’re just playing against teams equal to their talent level.

Honestly, I wouldn’t put a ton of faith in any metric that says FSU had a better offense than Miami in 2021.

Hmm. That's...not great. I love advanced stats in baseball but I don't know as much about them in football. Can someone explain why there seems to be such a gap between the traditional metrics (which seem to like Toledo) and advanced metrics for Toledo's offense?

Right off the bat is probably going to be an adjustment for strength of schedule as well as an adjustment for issues on your team that might skew the total numbers. Traditional metrics don’t do that.

If you in theory had a team whose defense gives up a TD on every single play. That team‘s offense might also suck. But it’s going to rank very high in total offense, if for no other reason than volume of opportunity.

FEI attempts to adjust for things like that (obviously not that extreme of an example, but the same principle).

Offensive FEI rating weighs a team’s expected performance against an average opponent on a neutral field. G5 programs tend to play a majority of their games against below average competition so FEI punishes them for it despite the fact that they’re just playing against teams equal to their talent level.

Honestly, I wouldn’t put a ton of faith in any metric that says FSU had a better offense than Miami in 2021.
Toledo also has had the #1 recruiting class in the MAC for the last 5 years and #2 in 2016 so going by rankings, they are the most talented team in the MAC and *should* be producing at a high level

Advertisement
So, 2-3 media outlets reporting Briles has been offered the OC position. Are we believing they were fed false info?? Mario is just waiting for Candle??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back