Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
That Rovell guy and Ruiz' kid are fighting in a Twitter space haha

43508FFB-A157-4988-9C54-9D67286B9740.gif

Advertisement
that makes sense as someone that football guys would like but not a flashy name

672 yards of total offense (461 passing & 211 rushing)

Okay so the running offense is a lot more complex then what we’ve had out our previous O. A lot of folding on interior runs and plenty of OG & TE pulls on off tackle runs. This game showed plenty of pre snap motion. In a previous game you posted there wasn’t much of it at all. That tells me he adapts his Offense to the opposition which we haven’t had much of recently. That’s just what I’m seeing in the running game. I think the numbers in the pass game speak for itself. The OLine coach in me is here for this style of run game.

To be honest Whipple intrigues me more than KD. He was born and bred to coach offense and qb’s. Then mix in his time with his father and now with Kingsbury, that’s a crazy mixture. Even though the west coast is everywhere in offensive playbooks , same with the air raid. I’d just love to see his marriage of the two. Coaching was always his plan.
I ALWAYS FELT THE WEST COAST AND AIR CORYELL TOGETHER WOULD KILL
IT.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I am a fan of this potential hire. Someone said earlier in the thread this would be the ultimate “betting on yourself” situation and that’s exactly what I see as well.

I love what I have seen from the Toledo offense over his tenure.

Rhule’s comments are strong.

I like it. Make it happen, Mario

Advertisement
But, that is not the CIS way. I voice a reasoned opinion saying I hoped we hired someone who actually coached at the highest levels, like the NFL or the SEC and I get negged by bandwagon jumpers. If Candle is the hire I will root for him just like I rooted for every other Miami coach for the past 40 years. I just expected a huge hire here for the money we are allegedly offering……well that and he got out coached in the Bahamas bowl a month ago. Yea there is that.
Candle is not infallible, no coach is including Mario.

His (Candles’) criticisms are valid, as long as the opinion is formulated off evidence from actual games then I have no problem with it all. At that point, the debate becomes weighing between how much good vs how much bad he has & how it would look with a significantly upgraded talent group to work with on offense.

Toledo Ohio is well, Toledo... There’s not going to be a ton of 4-star talent floating around available for a G5 Mac program like Toledo, so if he produced relatively good results despite the limitations in resources & talent pool, then that speaks volumes to his ability to do more with less, so the logic is, give him more & see if he can do even more with better.

As far as hiring a NFL coach, I agree, there’s a handful I think would do very well here, there’s also a ton of NFL coaches who would be a disaster because their system simply doesn’t fit with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back