Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is the equivalent of the North Georgia Agricultural Fair in Dalton.

It’s the only thing keeping all the animals quiet….you delete this now and there’s no telling what kind of mass explosion would hit this board…plus Andrew and DMoney steady counting their money as this thread grows about 100 pages a day…

Advertisement
Being thorough is good, but at a certain point you need to be decisive as a leader. He is going to have to make important decisions without the luxury of time during games. I think it’s great that he is looking outside of the box and thinking it through, but at this point he is doing himself a disservice unless it is someone specific tied to the NFL playoffs.
I'd rather get it right and feel comfortable with it instead of Dan Enos. It might make sense once he makes the hire.

Not sure when you were here last…it’s changed a lot for the worse over the last few years at least for the locals .Tourist just go to the quarter to get blitzed so they don’t know any better..😜
Took wife there a month ago to get our retiree IDs renewed. I hadn’t been there since 79 as a kid so I don’t know better. Had a nice time w the wife and enjoyed just walking around taking in the sights. Went to the Hogfish grill on stock island and had that Hogfish sandwich…was totally amazing.

Advertisement
I still live in the area and used to go down to the French qtr a lot and take in the different jazz sounds….French qtr has gotten bad with crime and smell lately not to mention Covid so I don’t go as much but man listening to the sounds coming out of the different clubs was unbelievable.

When did the quarter smell good?

I'd rather get it right and feel comfortable with it instead of Dan Enos. It might make sense once he makes the hire.
The guy and school have a bit of capital built up with the fans. We know it isn’t from a lack of financial commitment and we know a professional, well adjusted adult is at the helm.

But analysis paralysis is real. I can hardly pick what pastry to get at the bakery in the morning. Enos was also the end of a rather long process. I think this is all a whole lot of the last twenty years showing through in people’s reactions with this process. More than anything I’m curious and excited to see how the last pieces of the puzzle come together with this staff.

Advertisement

1642301322242.gif

There’s definitely enough room…..

I get PTSD every time I hear that name. The story that got the whole board full chubb, regarding Saban storming into the office and screaming “Where the f^ck is Dan” and his office was cleaned out - still gives me nightmares.

We have a Frenchy painting of Jacques hanging in our office. Jacques (Jack) actually got his EMBA that same year that I graduated and sat in front of me at graduation. Still wearing his crocs and chef pants, and the only time I’ve seen him sober(ish). The night before he refused to give my parents the check until my entire family took a shot with him, including my at the time 16 year old brother and 18 year old sister, which he was aware of.

We ate at Jacque-Imos a couple of nights before our wedding and he came out and did shots with us and he was wearing tabasco boxers

Advertisement
Took wife there a month ago to get our retiree IDs renewed. I hadn’t been there since 79 as a kid so I don’t know better. Had a nice time w the wife and enjoyed just walking around taking in the sights. Went to the Hogfish grill on stock island and had that Hogfish sandwich…was totally amazing.

Yea know the place well..my brother lives back down there but it’s so **** expensive to live…But I love me some Cuban food and it’s probably what I miss the most about the place cause pretty much everyone I grew up with has passed or moved to the middle of the state around Sebring..

If he can really get it going at Tropical Park it will be a **** of an accomplishment... Lotta people have talked through the years about doing something only to back out as time went on....
Nice to see he really has a plan in place with the firepower to pull it off...
If and when it happens it will cause a traffic nightmare during construction... But that's expected... You have to be able to get in and out as easy as possible so roadwork is a must....
I hope it happens... I'll admit I've always been skeptical about something like this coming about but if it can happen then by all means do it....

But what about Santa's Enchanted Forest?!?! (is that still around?)

Advertisement
Phish 1000%

Widespread shares fans with the dead but the founding members aside from maybe Schools were more metal fans. And JoJo was pure blues.

Phish are their own band musically, but they completely grew out of the Dead scene and were as influenced by the Dead as a band could be. They were all major fans when they were young. Trey even stood in for Jerry at Fare the Well, the Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary shows in Chicago. And there have been many more cross-band collaborations, including all of the Phish members playing with Phil & Friends over the years. Phish started out playing a LOT of Dead covers, but put them all a way to deliberately try to tamp down the comparison talk, especially after Jerry died. And then there was was this night in Nashville where history was etched:

Phish wouldn't be Phish... ****, Phish might not even be, if it weren't for the Grateful Dead, but that doesn't take a thing away from what they've accomplished musically, and what they've given to the scene. We're talking #1 and #2 in the jam band genre, and the next ranked bank would probably be #12. The Dead and Phish are alone on their own Mt. Rushmore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back