Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
fat_amish_lady_eeaecbc2c39d49ee792d5efb31759165873ca60d.jpg

Just getting my rule abiding celebratory pic ready in anticipation of the announcements

Advertisement
A friend of mine ran into Dusty Rhodes in Tampa at a convenience store when he was a kid. He said they recognized him and said hi as he was getting in his car. He said hi and told them to stay in school.

The irony of reading @insaneinthecane's story followed by your post.
I once ran into the Big Show at the mall. He was, in fact, rather big. In the literal way, not the NYSOM manner.

Advertisement
Always been a heel fan.

Loved Razor, Rick Rude and begged my mom to make me a Million Dollar Man costume for Halloween. She never did. I’m still bitter.

Reactions: D7.
Advertisement
You jokers talked about wrestling for about 5-6 straight hours. LOL. If Mario is truly the savior he will put us out of our misery and give us something by Sunday. Something of substance. No more GA hires. This thread needs a steroid shot of UM football or the inevitable offseason debate of "Who is the greatest UM football player of all time in your opinion?" thread will show its face yet again..smh.

Advertisement
I went to as many matches as I could when Dusty was wrestling for the strap. I saw him wrestle Race, Funk over and over and I never saw him win. I heard about him winning the title for the first time ever in Tampa and they say the place went bonkers. Fans storming the ring kind of bonkers.

I saw Bruno Sammartino come through MB. I also saw Bockwinkle but I'd have say one of my childhood highlights wrestling highlights was getting to see Andre the Giant come to town and wrestle. Me and my buddies were on the rail when he entered the ring. He was as big as King King to us. We talked about that night for a while.

I stopped following wrestling when the WWWF became the WWF and then WWE. I lost interest with Hogan and the whole sports entertainment Era. I did enjoy the Rock and some of the Attitude Era guys. But it just wasn't the same for me.

Then I heard about the ECW shows and that was a whole new ballgame. It wasn't really about storylines like old school wrestling. It was all about being an extreme bad *** and who could out do each other. That was a fun run. I caught a few shows and they were awesome.

For me, wrestling provided incredible childhood memories. It was an escape twice a week for this little kid and I honestly loved it. I even started cutting grass and selling coconuts in order to earn enough money for the bus ride to the MBCC, a ticket to get in and enough scratch to buy some photos from the guys that were taking pictures at each event. Good times for sure!
This right here was my story as well, **** near word for word, Maybe I'm just to old but the new stuff will never be Wrasslin !!!
We'd go visit my grandpa in the woods of SC and he would make me fight and wrassle all my cousins and their friends, then give me a masson jar of change that he would save up in between our visits, Called me the Cisco Kid lol.
God help ANYBODY that told that man Wrasslin was fake, you would not make it out alive, lol
I loved Dusty he was the best, when he would rap about "Hard Times" it was like he was talking to me.
Lemmme Tellz ya Sumtin Gorrrrrdon sole leeeeee

Advertisement
1988, I was 12 lived a pretty sheltered life up in Hollyweird...for my dads 40th birthday. We and another family went to Miami to I believe was the James L. Knight center for wrestling, I clearly remember Andre the Giant...and afterwards we went to a hole in the wall Cuban place on Calle Ocho for some of the best food we have ever eaten...as our friends father was doing some construction in the area.

I too saw the biggest human I’ve ever seen at the James L Knight center. Back in 1985 before there was the Heat , we went to an exhibition game between the New Jersey Nets and Utah Jazz there.

After the game players were walking to the lobby and I nearly ran into Mark Eaton. His size is impossible to describe.

I went to the '91 Royal Rumble at the Miami Arena and had some nose bleed seats. But they advertise another show coming to Miami, so my dad ran down to the box office and ended up getting 4th row seats for it. It ended up being the 1st Body Bag match between the Ultimate Warrior and Undertaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back