Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yo what’s the official budgeting for staff. I know it’s supposed to be (prob in Mario’s contract) the highest is the conference..do we have a number or a general idea yet?
I just read it’s 8+ million but I think they’ll give him whatever wants to compete with Bama n uga

As far as Cristobal and his OC choice here's an interesting observation from a conversation I saw between Duck fans.

-- Cristobal doesn’t let OC’s call plays

-- No one knows the extent of it but it was pretty obvious Mario feels the need to micromanage the offense and not let his OC take full control. He is obsessed with the old "smash mouth we are gonna run down your throat!" football attitude and is not capable of adapting to new things.

-- you could see the play calling change in the games when he took over it was glaringly obvious.

I've said this before, someone needs to tell Mario that we've just had our first entertaining/effective offense in two decades here under Lashlee and the spread offense. We cannot go back to smash mouth caveman football again.

Pro spread will work here now that we got one of the best OL coaches in football.
With ol we will get between him and the new ol coach...we are going to be grabbing big uglies out of Texas that ut and aTm will not be able to hold off.

Advertisement
I don't think we're gunna get some elite QB coach if Brady is our OC..I just don't think there are any crazy elite QB coaches in CFB that aren't already at OC/HC level.

Coley will probably be good enough.

Advertisement
As far as Cristobal and his OC choice here's an interesting observation from a conversation I saw between Duck fans.

-- No one knows the extent of it but it was pretty obvious Mario feels the need to micromanage the offense and not let his OC take full control. He is obsessed with the old "smash mouth we are gonna run down your throat!" football attitude and is not capable of adapting to new things.

-- you could see the play calling change in the games when he took over it was glaringly obvious.

I've said this before, someone needs to tell Mario that we've just had our first entertaining/effective offense in two decades here under Lashlee and the spread offense. We cannot go back to smash mouth caveman football again.
Adapt or die. Just ask saban and look at Kirby

Do you know who?
One been mentioned ad nauseum on here. I've seen another on here too so it won't be out of left field or anything

Don't want to mention the 3rd because I have not seen his name on here relative to this staff - it has in the past - don't think it happens either.

Not sure if the 4th was legit or not.. yet. If this drags out a little while I might start thinking it could be true. Games still to be played.

Last edited:
@Cribby are any signings inked and waiting for better time to announce or still in negotiations with all?

Advertisement
TVD for Heisman and Broyles Award.
I don’t see Mario wasting TVD’s talent. He’ll find the right fit and build the whole offense around him. Great things are coming and yes TVD has to and will be in the heisman talks next year.

Listening to Bruce Feldman on Manny N’s podcast,. He’s pretty close with Mario, and he doesn’t think Mario will entertain Air Raid OCs..

This sounds Terrifying..

Advertisement
He better not go back to some slow down pro style offense with the weapons Miami has/can get
When I hear that multiple ****, I usually say red flag.. Not gonna say anything til OC is officially announced, that will tell us everything we need to know

He certainly didn’t take full advantage of Herbert but these are the warts that come with Mario. We knew he wasn’t perfect, still light years better than what we have had. At this point I have no issues dealing with these frustrations.
Herberts and TVDs don’t grow on trees, but Sourh Florida backs do…we have to be able to run the ball and run it well. It will take time to get the right OL to do this but we need to start finding a way to run the ball effectively because we haven’t in a long time…

That being said, it doesn’t mean we waste TVD and the 3 amigos talent…South Florida WRs grow on trees also.

Have to find the right balance. Just because Herbert didn’t win the Heisman in 2019 doesn’t mean he was bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Herberts and TVDs don’t grow on trees, but Sourh Florida backs do…we have to be able to run the ball and run it well. It will take time to get the right OL to do this but we need to start finding a way to run the ball effectively because we haven’t in a long time…

That being said, it doesn’t mean we waste TVD and the 3 amigos talent…South Florida WRs grow on trees also.

Have to find the right balance. Just because Herbert didn’t win the Heisman in 2019 doesn’t mean he was bad by any stretch of the imagination.
Never said he was bad, just said that he didn’t take full advantage of a talent like Herbert and he didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back