Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
25513C37-C31B-4F51-8738-8BEF9714105C.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
The expectation I’ve heard is Wilson is Nevada’s HC and Mastro is his OC

If that doesn’t happen they could follow. But prefer west coast
Makes sense. FootballScoop is always 50/50. They'll report what coaches tell them. Coaches aren't the ones making the final decisions.

To be honest, I hope they both go to Nevada and we look elsewhere.

I think mastro would be a pretty big disappointment in terms of recruiting prowess if he were to be RB coach but I know very little about his coaching only his recruiting highlights. I see he likely goes to nevada too so moot point. Any other new names popping up for LBs or RBs?

Advertisement
Makes sense. FootballScoop is always 50/50. They'll report what coaches tell them. Coaches aren't the ones making the final decisions.

I didn’t mention them because we’ve made plans as if they’re going to Nevada.

I agree with your take. Ken Wilson would be great but Mastro is a meh recruiter

Advertisement

Nah those are legit position coaches who can grow and develop talent and have been doing it for 20 years at their position. It's not the position coaches were used to who have minimal experience and are just mainly recruiters like a Hickson.

What I will give him like I said is decent on the whiteboard. Plus he’s newly had a chance to absorb knowledge from Tony White there at Syracuse with the 3-3-5 attacking defense which presents a “multiple” look with showing offenses a 3-down front that can easily walk someone up to be four down, then at the snap you can see 5 down in an instance. Confusing the **** out of college O-Line and making them reactive versus flying off the ball for either gap or even zone-scheme blocking. He’s able to at least bring some of those principles with him although he isn’t necessarily a Tony white/Rock Long disciple. He more of a Mike Elko (from his time at BG) and Brian Ward (DC now at Washington St.) guy. But in the coaching profession learning new schemes and philosophies are never a disadvantage. But it still falls down to on-field coaching which is where I feel he lacks what we NEED. We don’t need someone to be buddy buddy and try to speak their lingo to fit in with players, we want someone who’s gonna get on they *** and coach em tough and hold them accountable.

So needless to say his best attribute is X’s and O’s To a degree and his brief knowledge of the 3-3-5 system.
Love this breakdown. Good sh*t!!!

You are definitely very sharp when it comes to football concepts. Definitely LCE’s burner account, lol.

Good sh*t, man. Seriously! Welcome to the board!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back