Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Transfer portal student athletes make their decisions from now through the spring and right up until August.

Not worried.

You may feel urgency or impatience, I’m not sure anyone else that’s involved in the process does. Look at the timeline of transfer portal announcements last year.
The problem is that we don't know who Mario is truly targeting form the transfer portal. It's likely that the players Mario covets haven't even entered the portal and therefore any delay in announcing the coordinators and staff members is inconsequential. Players that sign in August are generally not "officially" available today.

Advertisement
Why would TRob be on a list of new hires?

Because Field is. On that list.

Again, we can debate semantics, but on the CaneReport report, Field was listed as a new hire (retention) and T-Rob was not. At this time. Per that site.

Advertisement
Dont believe he is, I made a mistake there when I posted that.

It's all good, but it is still interesting why they do NOT list T-Rob in the six and they DO list Field in the six:

Stephen Field - Tight Ends
Coach Field has been retained on the Miami staff as tight ends coach. He’s considered an excellent recruiter and has deep roots in south Florida coaching community. This will be Field's fifth season as tight ends coach at the U.

Brady, Dorsey, and Schumann are all still playing games. Brady and Schumann will be done next Tuesday and Dorsey could be coaching for another month. Why did we think we'd have an answer today if it's those guys?
You obviously don't follow much football. Brady has been unemployed for a few weeks.

Advertisement
The fact that basically the whole offensive staff is put together other than OC, that indicates it’s going to be someone Mario is very familiar with. Usually the OC would bring in some of his guys. Hopefully it’s not one of these pro style bros.
This is a good argument imho and something about I was thinking for a while.

Of all the potential candidates mentioned here, both Brady (NFL background, I don't think he made a lot of connections in his only experience coaching in college) and Dorsey (NFL connections but, obviously, personal relationship with Mario) fit that identikit.

The fact that we are still waiting (Brady is unemployed at the moment) makes me believe that Dorsey could really be the man. Just a hunch.

Advertisement
This is a good argument imho and something about I was thinking for a while.

Of all the potential candidates mentioned here, both Brady (NFL background, I don't think he made a lot of connections in his only experience coaching in college) and Dorsey (NFL connections but, obviously, personal relationship with Mario) fit that identikit.

The fact that we are still waiting (Brady is unemployed at the moment) makes me believe that Dorsey could really be the man. Just a hunch.
I’m with you. It’s the only hire with smoke that makes sense at OC.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back