Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the money is right, I think Dorsey would come through to be the Co-OC/QB Coach. We all know the writing on the wall, if Joe Brady has a great year with our offense, he'll be a HC at a P5 job. And Dorsey would just slide into the OC role fully in 2023.
I had the same thought. Would love to bring Dorsey in the way he can develop QBs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me this man as TEs/ BAGMAN and we fuggin
Unknown.jpeg

If there's a bidding war on Seider then he is probably going to become the highest paid RB coach in college football meaning $700k+ if you consider the list below:

1. Dell McGee, Georgia -- $675,000+
2. Stan Drayton, Texas -- $650,000+
3. Tony Alford, Ohio State -- $618,000+
4. Curtis Luper, Missouri -- $550,000
5. Deland McCullough, Indiana -- $515,000+
6. Greg Knox, Florida -- $497,000+
7. Tommie Robinson, Texas A&M -- $493,000
8. Jim Mastro, Oregon -- $481,000
9. David Johnson, Florida State -- $420,000
10. Mike Hart, Michigan -- $415,000

If you could get McClendon for $600k (made $515k at Oregon) and bid the Gators up on Seider so that they pay him $750k, it's probably worth it.

$8 million dollar budget sounds like a lot until you realize Mirabal made $600k at Oregon and guys like James Coley make $450k as a TE coach. You're going to have to bargain hunt for some of the position roles. You can't pay everyone $600k+.

Actually, if you have 10 coaches, and you pay each coordinator $1.6M, you will have exactly enough left over to pay each of the other coaches $600k. :)

But I get your point, if you splurge on a few guys over, you have to find the budget. That said, from what I understand, if we have an opportunity to get a guy and we need some extra budget, it will be made available. The $8M number is a soft number.

i wonder how much of the staff will be finalized by ESD; I’d imagine at least a few pieces.

Advertisement
Dorsey is a really good coach but doesn’t like to recruit.
Coley is a good recruiter but not a great coach.

The chess move is Coley because you take a SoFlo recruiter from your competitor.
when has Dorsey ever had to recruit? Unless you mean Joe Brady

Advertisement
Back to the DC, I'd be thrilled with Schumann or Belk. Both guys are terrific recruiters, they both worked with Mario at bama and are young up and coming DC types. Belk, I'm sure, is weighing his offers now whereas Schumann has to wait until CFP is over with. Now we wait.

Advertisement
Actually, if you have 10 coaches, and you pay each coordinator $1.6M, you will have exactly enough left over to pay each of the other coaches $600k. :)

But I get your point, if you splurge on a few guys over, you have to find the budget. That said, from what I understand, if we have an opportunity to get a guy and we need some extra budget, it will be made available. The $8M number is a soft number.
Lebby is reportedly making just under $2m at OU. Venables made $2.5m. Sarkisian made $2.5m at Bama. Elko makes $2.1m at A&M. Grantham made $1.8m at Florida (yikes). So if it is in fact Brady, my guess is he'll make right around $2m. If it's Schumann maybe he comes in a little under $2m?

But totally agreed. It doesn't seem like it's a hard $8m budget. If Mario wants someone and there's another bidder, it seems highly unlikely we'll shy away from at the very least matching their offer if not even exceeding it. Glad there's no salary cap :)

Coley is a known commodity… yes everyone knows he sucks as a OC but you???
Coley was good at opening scripts. When he was here we always looked great on that opening drive because the plays were scripted. When we got deep in the game and it was time to adjust on the fly, we got stuff like half back passes in a blizzard, horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back