Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb or Belk

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted by caneville. He was on campus, so confirmed.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

Nick Monroe DB

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
Add Dorsey to the MIX.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yo what’s the official budgeting for staff. I know it’s supposed to be (prob in Mario’s contract) the highest is the conference..do we have a number or a general idea yet?
I don’t think there is a number. He will be provided with resources to compete with anyone.

Advertisement
Seider's reputation is that of a good recruiter, but we already have a great recruiter on the staff - Hickson.

Hickson brought in Chaney, Rooster, Brown and Franklin in back-to-back classes. That is **** good.

I am not advocating for Hickson to be retained but just saying that we need somebody who can recruit AND develop talent without rumors of assaultIng players. Is that too much to ask for?

I’ve mentioned him a few times before , that’s why I didn’t add him to the thread. I actually mentioned him in this thread somewhere
QB Coach/maybe an assistant HC or “co-OC” role? back-to-back-to-back jacks of a hire

I’m not even going to entertain losing Brady, because those two together would be absolutely phenomenal. But I would be slightly deflated if he was being considered only for OC, especially after the Brady leaks.

Advertisement
QB Coach/maybe an assistant HC or “co-OC” role? back-to-back-to-back jacks of a hire

I’m not even going to entertain losing Brady, because those two together would be absolutely phenomenal. But I would be slightly deflated if he was being considered only for OV, especially after the Brady leaks.
it's difficult for me to believe that dorsey would go from PGC/QBs for an nfl team to a similar role for a college team. would need to be some kind of upgrade.

it's difficult for me to believe that dorsey would go from PGC/QBs for an nfl team to a similar role for a college team. would need to be some kind of upgrade.
I know, that’s 100% my fear too.

Unless…$$$ and potentially assistant HC?

If the money is right, I think Dorsey would come through to be the Co-OC/QB Coach. We all know the writing on the wall, if Joe Brady has a great year with our offense, he'll be a HC at a P5 job. And Dorsey would just slide into the OC role fully in 2023.

Advertisement
If the money is right, I think Dorsey would come through to be the Co-OC/QB Coach. We all know the writing on the wall, if Joe Brady has a great year with our offense, he'll be a HC at a P5 job. And Dorsey would just slide into the OC role fully in 2023.
He's also kinda been stuck in the QB coach role for 7+ years with decent results and not much to show for it. So could feel stuck with limited chances to get an OC role in the NFL.

Go down to Miami and be the QB / Passing Game Coordinator under Brady. Develop TVD and get an OC role at a G5 program or smaller P5 program. Or get promoted when Brady is promoted (not my preference).

Dorsey will be in the mix for the Bills OC once Daboll and Buffalo part ways. ESPN put out an article examining the coaching carousel and Daboll leaving Buffalo was mentioned. Also, rumors out of Buffalo say McDermott and Daboll have friction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back