Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coley would absolutely be a great hire as QB coach. People are just still shell-shocked from Coley the OC.
It's hard to get past the HB pass in a blizzard, and that behind the scenes video of him and the rest of the staff debating whether to offer a Safety prospect who I think ultimately went on to play for a division II school. He came off as a dummy in that video (along with D'Onofrio).

Advertisement
The don't even coach the same position.

McClendon should only be considered as a WR coach.
Yes, this is my point — I’m not a fan of hiring someone to coach a position group that they don’t have a lot of prior experience mentoring.

Advertisement
OK. Like I said, I give him credit for his passing game. I said he would be great with TVD. He doesn't have enough experience where I would be comfortable with him calling plays.

Coley is a known commodity like him or not. I like something known vs something unknown. I'm not even saying he's better than Brady. I'm saying he has more experience and I know what I'm going to get. He was a good play caller here and was good with Kaaya.

Brady is a splash hire with everyone all in as you can see from his defenders. I'm just taking a pragmatic approach.

Coley is a known commodity… yes everyone knows he sucks as a OC but you???

Advertisement
Cal and Washington. I think he’s a so-so coach.
Yeah don't get me wrong he's probably a decent coach at worst being that he's been around bama and the NFL, but three different teams in three seasons with the NFL is a red flag (including the falcons in 2020 as d-line coach and run game coordinator, wooooof was that bad with quinn).

Yeah don't get me wrong he's probably a decent coach being that he's in the NFL, but three different teams in three season in the NFL (inluding the falcons in 2020 as d-line coach and run game coordinator, wooooof was that bad with quinn.
I think Saban fired him when he was DC there.

ehh. I think thats a bit over the top saying he is wayyyy better. At the end of the day, you can put both names in a hat and pick one, we should all be happy. They are both very good. Mcclendon though I dont think has been a RB coach for a number of years. Though that isnt a huge deal. Someone correct me if Im wrong but of all the position coaches on offense, the RB coach has the least amount of impact on his unit. Sure, there is some coaching up, but that coach should be a killer recruiter. You need the horses. The fact that these 2 are in play puts a smile on my face. Would love to have both. Put Mcclendon on TE's/PG coordinator, Seider at RB, move Field to Director of Recruiting.
I'm referring to recruiting wise. It ain't even close.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back