Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seider is a great recruiter, he’d be helpful here not sure why people are trying to spin it.
Seider is from Belle Glade and certain he will recruit Palm Beach and Broward for the gaytor. I think even more reason for Canes to retain Field who’s also from Palm Beach County and a **** good recruiter himself. And not a bad TE’s coach…

Advertisement
Lupoi is a good football coach, doesn’t make my knees chatter. We’ve seen time and time again when a guy is at Bama you gotta take it with a grain of salt especially on the defensive side of the ball. Some are who they are, some are not, but they always get a step up just from working out of Tuscaloosa. People thought maybe that about Mario, well he proved his weight in gold doing what he did at Oregon. Lupoi has been in the NFL since he left Bama and is on his 3rd team in as many seasons.

It’s tough to say how defined he would be as a recruiter. We’ve seen anyone go to Bama and all the sudden they’re a great recruiter. Not taking anything away from him. He’s a good coach but let’s not **** our britches when Bama is the only sample size in power 5 football since he left Washington in 2013.
He was a beast recruiter before Bama. I think he was at UCLA at one time. One of them west coast teams

Advertisement
Clearly he wasn’t a true first rounder but under Fisch he played a lot better and Coley ruined him.
Had nothing to do with having a fully healthy Dorsett in all games in 2012 and having him for only 7 games in 2013 - playing hurt when he did play?

I get Hurns had a great year in 2013 - but he was all short and intermediate. Losing Dorsett basically took away Morris' only and favorite deep threat.

I'm not a huge advocate for Coley but he gets a bad rep here when he's highly regarded at other places and he wouldn't be our OC.

Had nothing to do with having a fully healthy Dorsett in all games in 2012 and having him for only 7 games in 2013 - playing hurt when he did play?

I get Hurns had a great year in 2013 - but he was all short and intermediate. Losing Dorsett basically took away Morris' only and favorite deep threat.

I'm not a huge advocate for Coley but he gets a bad rep here when he's highly regarded at other places and he wouldn't be our OC.
The money being talked about give me someone new.

Advertisement
That dude is WAYYYY over rated. McClendon is WAYYYY better
ehh. I think thats a bit over the top saying he is wayyyy better. At the end of the day, you can put both names in a hat and pick one, we should all be happy. They are both very good. Mcclendon though I dont think has been a RB coach for a number of years. Though that isnt a huge deal. Someone correct me if Im wrong but of all the position coaches on offense, the RB coach has the least amount of impact on his unit. Sure, there is some coaching up, but that coach should be a killer recruiter. You need the horses. The fact that these 2 are in play puts a smile on my face. Would love to have both. Put Mcclendon on TE's/PG coordinator, Seider at RB, move Field to Director of Recruiting.

Like mentioned above Pitts is the only person he’s ever landed that’s done anything. His commit list is disgusting. Literally no NFL running backs. Why do people want this bum?? Help me understand
He recruits S Florida. If he can relate to the kids down here enough to get some of them to penn state, he would likely be pretty good at UM. I know nothing about his coaching skills.

For a guy who has been at FSU (in their prime), Georgia, Miami and A&M, here sure sucks a lot.

Advertisement
Arguing against a guy getting the RB coach job because the backs on his current team had a poor YPC this season is a Hall of Fame dumbass argument. You can build a statue of someone in the dumbass museum who actually has that take.
I'm assuming your comment is referenced at me. It's not end-all-be-all whatsoever, but usually (in my experience) here's how it goes.

- Statistics are (normally) a direct reference to the product on the field, and whether that unit performed well, poorly, or somewhere in between.

- Based on those statistics, we can see that the rushing success during Seider's tenure at Penn State has dropped significantly from 2019 to 2021. Now is that directly on him? Not totally, or at least I'm not sure - there's a myriad of factors that go into this; poor QB play allows opposing defenses to stack the box, maybe the caliber of the o-line decreased significantly, maybe the RBs underwhelmed, etc.

What I'm just saying is, for whatever reason, his unit is under-performing on the field. That isn't up for debate, it's literally in black and white, printed numbers that show a clear regression in both previous seasons, and on a national scale . The reason? No idea, might not even be related to him.

Last edited:
ehh. I think thats a bit over the top saying he is wayyyy better. At the end of the day, you can put both names in a hat and pick one, we should all be happy. They are both very good. Mcclendon though I dont think has been a RB coach for a number of years. Though that isnt a huge deal. Someone correct me if Im wrong but of all the position coaches on offense, the RB coach has the least amount of impact on his unit. Sure, there is some coaching up, but that coach should be a killer recruiter. You need the horses. The fact that these 2 are in play puts a smile on my face. Would love to have both. Put Mcclendon on TE's/PG coordinator, Seider at RB, move Field to Director of Recruiting.
Yeah RB coach is primarily a recruiting position. There’s some teaching like pass blocking and ball security, but so much of the RB position is you either have it or you don’t.

Advertisement
The don't even coach the same position.

McClendon should only be considered as a WR coach.
Exactly. Really wish we could have both. Nothing wrong with stacking chips especially in the recruiting game. Not to mention a guy like brady by the sounds of it won’t recruit anybody so the more assassins the better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back