Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfectly stated. I doo not want Rees.
I don’t have a problem with Rees at face-value, but I don’t think his system is necessarily what takes us over the hump.

I don’t even think he’s seriously in consideration tbh lol, the rumor is mainly coming from ND’s side of things, I don’t see him leaving to come here.

There’s a bevy of really good play callers that would do very well here & given the supposed salary we’re willing yo pay we shouldn’t settle for just anyone that doesn’t guarantee that they’ll be able to take the offense to a higher level.

If you’re going to make an OC one of the top 3 highest paid coordinators in college, might as well get a killer.

Advertisement
At this point just get Dan Enos again. ****, his MD offense this year was one of the best offenses in college football. Between that and his one year at Arkansas, he’s at least fielded a couple of elite ranked offenses out of a “pro spread.”

If we’re going to run an impossible offense, lets get somebody that at least makes it work once a decade.
I hated the Enos hire, but man, it's not fair to judge the man when his QB room here could qualify for the Special Olympics.

I think what’s more interesting to ask is why does almost every single poster think that OC’s can’t adapt and run what’s best for the personnel, HC philosophy, and program identity?

People act like incredibly talented people who are some of the best at what they do are going to run their careers and new team into the ground out of stubbornness.

If we all understand that different offenses work best with different personnel and in different environments… gee, imagine what a million dollar OC might know?
Bingo! I thought the same thing. Great OC's adapt the the talent on the team. Anyone would be a fool to come here and not taylor an offense around the strengths of one of the best qb's in the country. I do believe everything works better off the run game, but I don't believe in balance for the sake of balance.
That's also why I've been preaching TEMPO for our offense for years. If we run 80-90 plays we'll be able to do enough of both while keeping a lot of skill players happy.
My wishes for an OC is one who's smart, versatile, unpredictable, creative, one who uses all areas and levels of the field, incorporates the TE and rb's in the passing game, adapts and adjusts in-game and one who doesn't mind loading up on the run or pass game if the d can't seem to stop it instead of being cute.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hated the Enos hire, but man, it's not fair to judge the man when his QB room here could qualify for the Special Olympics.
Richt had us in the ACC Championship game with Malik Rosier at QB.

Enos had a 1st year starter constantly turning his back to the defense when our OL couldn’t block a stiff wind.

Richt had us in the ACC Championship game with Malik Rosier at QB.

Enos had a 1st year starter constantly turning his back to the defense when our OL couldn’t block a stiff wind.
Oh I still don't like him, but let's not pretend he had QBs worth a crap. Good QBs can make an OC look pretty darn good. Bad QBs can make any OC look far worse than they are.

Rosier wasn't a very good QB, but he wasn't an idiot.

Advertisement
Well for not making excuses , it sure sounds like excuses . Bottom line , that Oregon team underperformed given what it had . If you disagree with that statement then we agree to disagree to highest degree possible .
Saban lost 2 games with a Heisman winner this year

Ryan day also lost two games (including one to Mario) with cj stroud. I guess they fall in the same category right? Everyone with a good QB should be undefeated every year I guess

Last edited:
Advertisement
His lack in tempo in the VT game cost us (besides Jarren’s 7 INTs). Went down big early and then proceeded to run the play clock down.

You have to know you had limited possessions and had to speed everything up.

Advertisement
His lack in tempo in the VT game cost us (besides Jarren’s 7 INTs). Went down big early and then proceeded to run the play clock down.

You have to know you had limited possessions and had to speed everything up.
That's true, but when you are dealing with special needs people, sometimes you have to go a little slower than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back