Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I like the G19 much better. Heavier weapon, easier to control for me. Hellcat is reasonably priced, fairly accurate for me. Very good for conceal. My son wants it. My oldest loves his Sig. Going to shoot his tomorrow.

I ask because I’m in the market for something that’s a little better for conceal and carry. The Walther is a nice weapon, super reliable, and of course it has a history, it’s very dense for its size and kind of heavy even though it’s not a large pistol. Of course the 686 is a monster, relatively speaking, so that’s why I asked. I’m going to look into the hellcat. The Glock of course is easy to carry, but I was just looking for something else to carry whenever

Notre Dame signs high ranked 4/5-star OL’s from the Midwest & Northeast annually in every class, that’s why their offense looks the way it does. But it also should be noted that whenever we’ve seen ND over the last few years on the big stage vs teams who are equally as talented as them their Offense tends to completely disappear or simply not be enough to win the biggest games. We see what happens anytime they play Clemson, Bama & UGA, even Cincinnati’s Defense had them stifled.

It’s an offense that’s predicated around dominating the LOS, when they play teams they can’t push around, they sink.
(Just like Oregon)

I’m not sure if our fans are just excited & maybe clouded their perspective, but Idk how anyone who isn’t a complete homer can look at Miami’s OL & think, “We should definitely run the Notre Dame offense!” Lol. I don’t think it’s too blasphemous to say we’re a few classes away before we have a stacked enough OL to where that dream can be actualized lol.

If Rees left, they could replace him with someone else & there wouldn’t be much of a drop off if any because their offense is all centered around having 5 high caliber OL’s, which makes the job that much easier for whoever the play caller is. ND’s OC has been interchangeable for the last decade, losing Rees wouldn’t really hurt them at all.

The question is, does Miami have the personnel to where it doesn’t matter who our OC is? Some would argue we do, but I’m not sure that’s been proven yet, obviously we have a really good QB & some good offensive weapons, but do we have an identity & a culture offensively that thrives regardless of circumstances? I guess we’ll find out...
Great post El, and sobering. Fixing an OL is a 3 year project. Even with the portal it’s a tough unit to turnover and get it to where Mario wants it.

One of the great advantages of choosing Mario is that our OL, which has been our overall worst performing unit the past decade+, would get straightened out. But even he doesn’t have a magic wand.

Our strength over the teams on our schedule will be always be the skill positions. I want us to at least have some 4 wr set packages where most ACC teams just don’t have the personnel to cover. Would be stupid not too no matter how stubborn you are to run the ball.

Almost want Rees just to solely **** them off.

He’d be underwhelming based on some of the other names that have been floated for the gig but still would be a grade B hire IMO, which isn’t bad but we need better. Unfortunately, that type of offense is probably eventually what Mario really wants deep down lol.
Agreed Htown. I rather roll the dice with someone like Golesh (and that type of offense) than Reese but just to ruffle Domers' feathers (best friend is a domer) wouldn't be mad if we took him.

Advertisement
really? How much money have you made off it so far?
A lot maybe ..
1644090116127.gif

Notre Dame signs high ranked 4/5-star OL’s from the Midwest & Northeast annually in every class, that’s why their offense looks the way it does. But it also should be noted that whenever we’ve seen ND over the last few years on the big stage vs teams who are equally as talented as them their Offense tends to completely disappear or simply not be enough to win the biggest games. We see what happens anytime they play Clemson, Bama & UGA, even Cincinnati’s Defense had them stifled.

It’s an offense that’s predicated around dominating the LOS, when they play teams they can’t push around, they sink.
(Just like Oregon)

I’m not sure if our fans are just excited & maybe clouded their perspective, but Idk how anyone who isn’t a complete homer can look at Miami’s OL & think, “We should definitely run the Notre Dame offense!” Lol. I don’t think it’s too blasphemous to say we’re a few classes away before we have a stacked enough OL to where that dream can be actualized lol.

If Rees left, they could replace him with someone else & there wouldn’t be much of a drop off if any because their offense is all centered around having 5 high caliber OL’s, which makes the job that much easier for whoever the play caller is. ND’s OC has been interchangeable for the last decade, losing Rees wouldn’t really hurt them at all.

The question is, does Miami have the personnel to where it doesn’t matter who our OC is? Some would argue we do, but I’m not sure that’s been proven yet, obviously we have a really good QB & some good offensive weapons, but do we have an identity & a culture offensively that thrives regardless of circumstances? I guess we’ll find out...

I think what’s more interesting to ask is why does almost every single poster think that OC’s can’t adapt and run what’s best for the personnel, HC philosophy, and program identity?

People act like incredibly talented people who are some of the best at what they do are going to run their careers and new team into the ground out of stubbornness.

If we all understand that different offenses work best with different personnel and in different environments… gee, imagine what a million dollar OC might know?

Whomever we get at OC, should be able to adapt to the personnel we have. Being able to adaptable schematically should be a trait all good OC or DC have. That's why I personally will reserve judgement until I see the product on the field. The upside to Rees is he's called plays and is young enough to adapt and maybe we catch lightning in a bottle.

Advertisement
that's a reach man c'mon

one loss was opening weekend against Auburn which was essentially a home game for auburn and oregon lost on a wild play with 9 seconds left. The other was on the defense

I'm not trying to excuse his losses but to say that he can't develop qb's and capitalize on talent because of those two games is just idiotic and being way too overdramatic
Well for not making excuses , it sure sounds like excuses . Bottom line , that Oregon team underperformed given what it had . If you disagree with that statement then we agree to disagree to highest degree possible .

Yes, hiring is as easy at trolling football websites when you’re taking a crap. :)

It’s interesting that the HC of ND and the HC of LSU, both top 10 programs just fought over him. And both of them know him well, having just coached with him. Mario would dissect the living daylights out of him, what he would run with our personnel, what he would run under this own command, etc. before offering. Gotta see the whole field, skate to where the puck is going, etc.

There is a reason his name is already circulating around the NFL at such an early age.

Like you, I really can’t say if he’s a good fit here. I’m not in the room. But I can promise you he’s very highly thought of in football circles.

This is like people arguing Enos was good because Smart and Saban wanted him.

I don’t want to do what Brian Kelly wants to do on offense. Kelly wanting him is all the reason I need as to why I don’t.

Look at the sorry *** hire Kelly ended up making. He found an OC whose offense is actually more schematically boring than Rees.

I think what’s more interesting to ask is why does almost every single poster think that OC’s can’t adapt and run what’s best for the personnel, HC philosophy, and program identity?

People act like incredibly talented people who are some of the best at what they do are going to run their careers and new team into the ground out of stubbornness.

If we all understand that different offenses work best with different personnel and in different environments… gee, imagine what a million dollar OC might know?

Because most OCs aren’t that smart. And really, don’t need to be.

Can Briles or somebody maybe run a little more some years compared to other years based on the personnel? Sure.

But it’s still his system. It’s that system that I want. And then he can tweak it based on how he sees fit.

What I don’t want is some ****** system, and then we can decide later on what color **** it’s going to be based on how good the QB is going to be that year.

Because there has to be evidence to suggest they would.

Rees may be very adaptable, but during his tenure at ND he just ran the offense they way Brian Kelly wanted him to. We didn’t see him switch things up too much because he didn’t have to, that wasn’t his job.

Adaptability in a play caller is based on autonomy, if they have the ability to call the game & structure the offense the way they see fit then they sometimes will, but often times they’re not given that leeway.

The reason why people have questions is because Blind faith doesn’t resonate in Football.

Advertisement
It’s going to be a Pro spread IMO. I’m convinced it really is the best compromise that Mario will sign off on based on what he wants to do and what he knows he has to do.

At this point just get Dan Enos again. ****, his MD offense this year was one of the best offenses in college football. Between that and his one year at Arkansas, he’s at least fielded a couple of elite ranked offenses out of a “pro spread.”

If we’re going to run an impossible offense, lets get somebody that at least makes it work once a decade.

You gotta understand that most programs and their fans -- ND especially-- have AlWAYS viewed Miami as a dumpster fire. Even when we were dominant.

I feel like FSU is the only program that has shown us respect (pre Jimbo).

Advertisement

(Just like Oregon)

Perfectly stated. I doo not want Rees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back