Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Kevin Barbary at CMU.

He’s a Texas guy that started out at Baylor under the Guy Morriss & Brent Pease, was at North Texas with Todd Dodge & Todd Ford, then was at Lamar in Larry Kueck’s offense then got hired by McElwaine at CSU & followed him to UF, then spent a season SFA before McElway hired him at CMU.

Central Michigan averaged:
- 444.5 yards per game
- 179.2 yards rushing
- 265.4 yards passing
- RF RB Lew Nichols III lead the nation in rushing with 1,848yds & 16TD’s at 5.4 ypc
He also had 40rec 338yds receiving

They threw the ball 448 times & ran the ball 520 last season, their top 3 WR’s all had over 650 yards & 45+ catches.
Fire up Chips!

Was having a spirited discussion with my fellow gents over a vital geopolitical matter. And I knew, just knew, that the only way to determine who was right and wrong was to bring this debate to my fellow CIS brethren. Gentlemen if you could please assist, this may unlock the secret to stabilizing and uniting our fracturing society:

Is Falco the most criminally underrated musical artist?

And is Bonanza, Hawaii 5O, Sanford & Son, Mash & Night Court the top 5 in TV show theme songs without any lyrics?
Falco underrated, but there are more who get even less respect. Falco was a party animal, as well, and tales of him in LA are pretty cool to hear.

Top 5 tv themes without lyrics are actually 1.Murder, She Wrote
2. Quantum Leap
3. Perry Mason
4. Matlock
5. Taxi

Advertisement
Almost want Rees just to solely **** them off.

He’d be underwhelming based on some of the other names that have been floated for the gig but still would be a grade B hire IMO, which isn’t bad but we need better. Unfortunately, that type of offense is probably eventually what Mario really wants deep down lol.
Notre Dame signs high ranked 4/5-star OL’s from the Midwest & Northeast annually in every class, that’s why their offense looks the way it does. But it also should be noted that whenever we’ve seen ND over the last few years on the big stage vs teams who are equally as talented as them their Offense tends to completely disappear or simply not be enough to win the biggest games. We see what happens anytime they play Clemson, Bama & UGA, even Cincinnati’s Defense had them stifled.

It’s an offense that’s predicated around dominating the LOS, when they play teams they can’t push around, they sink.
(Just like Oregon)

I’m not sure if our fans are just excited & maybe clouded their perspective, but Idk how anyone who isn’t a complete homer can look at Miami’s OL & think, “We should definitely run the Notre Dame offense!” Lol. I don’t think it’s too blasphemous to say we’re a few classes away before we have a stacked enough OL to where that dream can be actualized lol.

If Rees left, they could replace him with someone else & there wouldn’t be much of a drop off if any because their offense is all centered around having 5 high caliber OL’s, which makes the job that much easier for whoever the play caller is. ND’s OC has been interchangeable for the last decade, losing Rees wouldn’t really hurt them at all.

The question is, does Miami have the personnel to where it doesn’t matter who our OC is? Some would argue we do, but I’m not sure that’s been proven yet, obviously we have a really good QB & some good offensive weapons, but do we have an identity & a culture offensively that thrives regardless of circumstances? I guess we’ll find out...

Advertisement
Was having a spirited discussion with my fellow gents over a vital geopolitical matter. And I knew, just knew, that the only way to determine who was right and wrong was to bring this debate to my fellow CIS brethren. Gentlemen if you could please assist, this may unlock the secret to stabilizing and uniting our fracturing society:

Is Falco the most criminally underrated musical artist?

And is Bonanza, Hawaii 5O, Sanford & Son, Mash & Night Court the top 5 in TV show theme songs without any lyrics?
For underrated music artist, that argument could go on forever. Also depends on genre.

For tv show theme with no lyrics, I put the Simpsons in my top 5.

Kevin Barbary at CMU.

He’s a Texas guy that started out at Baylor under the Guy Morriss & Brent Pease, was at North Texas with Todd Dodge & Todd Ford, then was at Lamar in Larry Kueck’s offense then got hired by McElwaine at CSU & followed him to UF, then spent a season SFA before McElway hired him at CMU.

Central Michigan averaged:
- 444.5 yards per game
- 179.2 yards rushing
- 265.4 yards passing
- RF RB Lew Nichols III lead the nation in rushing with 1,848yds & 16TD’s at 5.4 ypc
He also had 40rec 338yds receiving

They threw the ball 448 times & ran the ball 520 last season, their top 3 WR’s all had over 650 yards & 45+ catches.
So the guy took over for Frye??

For underrated music artist, that argument could go on forever. Also depends on genre.

For tv show theme with no lyrics, I put the Simpsons in my top 5.
1644088709449.jpeg

Advertisement
Falco underrated, but there are more who get even less respect. Falco was a party animal, as well, and tales of him in LA are pretty cool to hear.

Top 5 tv themes without lyrics are actually 1.Murder, She Wrote
2. Quantum Leap
3. Perry Mason
4. Matlock
5. Taxi
I’d have to put Sanford and Son in Top 5

Also strong debate for The Office which has this odd simple comforting feel to it that matches the show’s vibe.

Don’t discount I Love Lucy and Mission Impossible either

Advertisement
ND F+ Rankings:

2019 (Year Before Him): 21

2020 (1st Year with him): 17

2021: 20

Rees hasn’t done **** at ND. He inherited a certain level of talent, and did with it what the previous guy did.

ND’s offensive scheme absolutely sucks. There’s nothing about it that stresses a defense. Not a ton of RPO or read option. It doesn’t create a bunch of space.

And really, why would it? Rees isn’t a disciple of a HC that believes in any of that. That’s not what he learned. So why would Rees have any understanding of it?

Yes, hiring is as easy at trolling football websites when you’re taking a crap. :)

It’s interesting that the HC of ND and the HC of LSU, both top 10 programs just fought over him. And both of them know him well, having just coached with him. Mario would dissect the living daylights out of him, what he would run with our personnel, what he would run under this own command, etc. before offering. Gotta see the whole field, skate to where the puck is going, etc.

There is a reason his name is already circulating around the NFL at such an early age.

Like you, I really can’t say if he’s a good fit here. I’m not in the room. But I can promise you he’s very highly thought of in football circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back