Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hometown BBQ, Brooklyn is very good. He actually opened one in Miami, and based on his history and standards, I'd bet its very good too. I haven't been to that one though.

View attachment 176412

View attachment 176413

some_of_that_****_walk_hard.gif

The S&C team is the second most important hire after the HC. They are around the players the most and set the culture for your program. Our last total homerun hire was Moffitt. Hopefully Feld is that guy as well.
I feel like Feeley did a good job. He had one **** of a job turned around the joke that S&C was. And did it with very few ligament injuries.

I've seen at least initial excitement and the feeling of 'finally we have a real strength staff' after every strength coach I can remember. When they're gone everyone says that 'obviously they were a terrible hire from day one' only no one says that day one.

I'm honestly more excited for the commitment to spend the money on matching the wellness and strength programs that other top programs have. These strength coach hires I'll reserve any judgment on for now.

I feel like Feeley did a good job. He had one **** of a job turned around the joke that S&C was. And did it with very few ligament injuries.

Feeley definitely was an upgrade over Fielder and Swasey. That wasn't very difficult. However, still didn't seem like his program displayed strength results needed for the next level. Feld hopefully will get us to Moffitt level.

Advertisement
Oh yeah he‘s gonna get slammed with a multi year show clause.

The Athletic‘s story from last summer said Pierce was the de facto HC and Herm was the aloof CEO.

This is what happens when you make an agent the AD (Ray Anderson) and let him his his long time friend and client (Herm) as HC and then bring in several other former clients as analysts.
Lol I follow cfb really closely and had no idea that’s how Herm found his way to Arizona state with his agent getting an AD job and all that. Holy ****.

Although I didn’t know that.. I was certain it would end this way

So it seems like Mario things there is a major lack of stength and conditioning

Looks like Djimon Hounsou.

Seriously though, are the S&C guys they hired legit? The come from the SEC which has to mean something.

Advertisement
FYI, along the lines of BBQ I'm somewhat of a connoisseur.

In Tuscaloosa, Al on the outskirts up the side of a hill is the original Dreamland BBQ. Now I haven't been there in a good long time but they used to sell only half or whole racks of ribs. And they are or were probably the best ribs I've ever eaten.
I'm down in Biloxi for a few months, sounds like a good enough reason to make a weekend road trip.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FYI, along the lines of BBQ I'm somewhat of a connoisseur.

In Tuscaloosa, Al on the outskirts up the side of a hill is the original Dreamland BBQ. Now I haven't been there in a good long time but they used to sell only half or whole racks of ribs. And they are or were probably the best ribs I've ever eaten.
Traveled to watch Hawaii (Went to UM but always followed UH since I am from there) play at Alabama around 15yrs ago and made our way to Dreamland.... LEGIT
Ribs and a whole loaf of wonder bread as the side. Like seriously they would unwrap the plastic and dump the whole loaf of white bread on the table with BBQ sauce to dip it in. Thats it, nothing else. But **** those were some good ribs

Good for Clint. A Cane player and coach.

Just like Dorsey I wish he was good enough to be a CIS coordinator in college, though. Too bad they will have to settle for their NFL promotions.
I hadn't followed Hurtt much after all the crap that happened here years ago. I didn't know he was so highly thought of as a D coach. I will admit that I was highly skeptical of him as our DC, but if he's good enough for the NFL, I will gladly eat some crow now.

Best of luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back