Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Excellent point. No troll. No idea if they will pan out.

Also doesn't change the fact that they were qualified either.

No worries. Was just kidding. I would have been fine with Dorsey. He's a hard worker and each QB he's been involved with has had their best years under him. I can't agree with you on Hurtt. He's a mediocre coach and very surprised he got the Seattle DC job.

No worries. Was just kidding. I would have been fine with Dorsey. He's a hard worker and each QB he's been involved with has had their best years under him. I can't agree with you on Hurtt. He's a mediocre coach and very surprised he got the Seattle DC job.
Not advocating that Hurtt should have been hired. I would have been elated if they had a chance to hire Dorsey for OC but never advocated for him either. I did challenge the stance that neither were worthy of coaching at Miami. Definitely could do worse than both. Both have enough coaching experience to get a chance at coordinator. Whether successful is a completely different convo.

Good for Clint. A Cane player and coach.

Just like Dorsey I wish he was good enough to be a CIS coordinator in college, though. Too bad they will have to settle for their NFL promotions.
Outside of both being former Canes, Dorsey and Hurtt shouldn’t be talked about in the same sentence. Dorsey is an up and comer that’s highly thought of and was coveted by a number of NFL teams to be OC. Hurtt is part of an organization that’s on the way down and desperately trying to cling to past success. He’ll probably be back in college as a position coach a year from now when the Seahawks clean house after Russ leaves and they miss the playoffs again.

Advertisement
Not saying Hurtt is good, but funny how Dorsey and Hurtt werent good enough for CIS to be college coordinators, yet they got NFL gigs as coordinators, lol
It means let the professionals make the decisions and let the fans play arm chair QB later.

As a Seahawks fan, I am disappointed that they promoted Hurtt. I was hoping for Sean Desai (who apparently might also be on staff in some capacity). As a Cane, I'm happy for my fellow Cane getting an NFL DC job.

That said, it doesn't matter who the DC is. It is Pete's defense.

Reactions: E1k
Advertisement
By the way Kevin Steele will 100% try and get the Auburn HC job when it opens up. Some smoke that boosters are angling to bring him back. We may be back to square one soon.
We had boosters angling to keep Manny. We had boosters multiple times angling to bring back Butch.

Many a slip between the cup and the lip.

No because Peyton pumped the same way he was throwing. Like hoping the CB is watching him, its a go route the entire time, if that CB gets flat footed for a second thinking its a hitch to drive on the ball Wayne has toasted him.

So whenever Ed was playing deep middle and there was a certain route combo to his left or the middle of the field, he would open his hips that way and always go that way. That is what he was putting on film and he knew Peyton would see that. When Ed saw the formation the colts came out in, he knew it was likely a go route and thats why he said I studied him all week and I knew if he pumped towards Wayne he was going to go to Wayne. He baited Peyton into the throw by opening his hips towards the center of the field so Peyton pumps, looks at Ed, he has his hips open towards the middle of the field, all the film study tells Peyton he is going that way leaving Wayne 1v1 with no safety help, Peyton chucks it deep to Wayne. Ed the entire time opening his hips to the middle knew the ball was going to Wayne so spun around and put his back to the QB (typically big no-no just like stripping the ball from your own player) and Ed sprinted to the spot and beat Wayne there for an easy pic.
Thanks alot.

By the way Kevin Steele will 100% try and get the Auburn HC job when it opens up. Some smoke that boosters are angling to bring him back. We may be back to square one soon.
Hope Mario has a backup because Auburn is on the verge of blowing up. Would be nice if they brought up Lashlee and left Steele alone..

Advertisement
I don’t think Steele would get hired to be their next HC, but after Harsin gets ****canned the next HC might try to bring Steele in as DC...

Unless it’s Bill Clark because he would just bring David Reeves with him.

Advertisement
Y’all really upset about the Dorsey talk huh? sheesh. I see nothing wrong with people who preferred someone not named Dorsey. A lot of ppl wanted a wide open Air Raid Esque offense. Doesnt seem like Dorsey. His style prob better suited for the NFL anyway

Connected Auburn dude on 247 stated that Steele wasn’t interested as of lunch time today. And then followed up and said a lot of the BoT wants someone with no prior Auburn connections.

Still seems odd Steele hasn't been formally announced but Mario did mention him in his presser which is good news.

This Auburn situation seems toxic with or without Harsin. Harsin will go down with a fight and just going to resign, this will have to get way uglier if they force him out imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back