Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hurtt will be gone along with Pete Carroll after the season.

Bookmark this.
Agreed but it won't necessarily be any indictment of Hurtt and at least he'll probably get 2 years of guaranteed coordinator level salary and the resume bullet point. Ol' Pete's time there has just ran its course. Seemed like they were never able to recover roster-wise after they actually had to pay Russell Wilson.

Advertisement
Hurtt feels very much a lame duck hire, Dorsey on the other probably can’t fail if he tried because that offense is loaded, it was a really good move for him and he’ll get a Hc spot sooner than later
Dorsey paired with Joe Brady is an amazing combination .. going to be fun to watch the Bills this year.

I’m honestly not sure what to think about the nfl vs college debate anymore. I know college comes with recruiting which is a headache but the actual salaries now aren’t much different. Todd Bowles is the highest paid d coordinator by a lot at 3 mill, the avg is 1 and Venables was making 2.5. The nfl is a better job imo because of quality of life and dealing with more adults but the pay isn’t much different anymore

Y’all really upset about the Dorsey talk huh? sheesh. I see nothing wrong with people who preferred someone not named Dorsey. A lot of ppl wanted a wide open Air Raid Esque offense. Doesnt seem like Dorsey. His style prob better suited for the NFL anyway
Unfortunately a lot of our fans are incapable of having a nuanced discussion about Dorsey. I don't think anyone was saying they hated the idea of hiring Dorsey--at least not in recent months. It was more a matter of preference relative to some of the other candidates being discussed. Some fans preferred Briles or Brady because we have a better idea of the type of offense they would be running. With Dorsey, the type of offense he would run is a complete unknown since he's never been an OC before. That's all most of us were saying. Unfortunately some interpreted it as "OMG WHY DO YOU HATE KEN DORSEY!" and now feel vindicated that he got an NFL OC job, which nobody ever doubted would happen. And as you noted, some systems and coaches are better suited for the NFL. Sometimes more complex systems do not translate well to college because of the limitations on practice time in college.

Advertisement
Count me as one of the 'mopes' when Clint Hurtt's name came up as DC.

I have no issue with him as a position coach, I actually think he'd instantly be one best position coaches and recruiters in the nation, but I'm always skeptical of a former DL running an entire D (and I say that as a former DL lol). He, also, in his vast professional career, has never called a D before. I hope for nothing but success for him but, if I had to choose between Steele and Hurtt.... it's not a hard decision at all!!

If I’m Lashlee I wouldn’t go anywhere near Auburn for my first HC job.

He’d be setup to fail & it could kill his entire career trajectory.
Manny coming from Temple to Miami 2.0

Literally the same exact situation if they pulled that trigger.

Lashlee isn’t cut out for an SEC job anyway. Big 12 or ACC, maybe. But SMU is a great place for him. Low-key a top 25 job in college football.

Manny coming from Temple to Miami 2.0

Literally the same exact situation if they pulled that trigger.

Lashlee isn’t cut out for an SEC job anyway. Big 12 or ACC, maybe. But SMU is a great place for him. Low-key a top 25 job in college football.
Think he is smart enough to know that

Advertisement
CD4D273E-04AC-4617-82B3-E62FEBE5120F.jpeg
F324CFD7-DAD9-45EF-8796-652C0C0BBCA3.jpeg

Advertisement
Unfortunately a lot of our fans are incapable of having a nuanced discussion about Dorsey. I don't think anyone was saying they hated the idea of hiring Dorsey--at least not in recent months. It was more a matter of preference relative to some of the other candidates being discussed. Some fans preferred Briles or Brady because we have a better idea of the type of offense they would be running. With Dorsey, the type of offense he would run is a complete unknown since he's never been an OC before. That's all most of us were saying. Unfortunately some interpreted it as "OMG WHY DO YOU HATE KEN DORSEY!" and now feel vindicated that he got an NFL OC job, which nobody ever doubted would happen. And as you noted, some systems and coaches are better suited for the NFL. Sometimes more complex systems do not translate well to college because of the limitations on practice time in college.
Well said man!

Clint becomes a DC in the NFL
Dorsey becomes an OC in the NFL

It’s almost like these GMs aren’t checking in on the GMs on CIS before making these decisions.
This site is full of idiots kinfolk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back