Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I had the opportunity to sit in one of the GT 40 Fords (run of 2000) that was built back in ?? 2005 or so. I was at a Sunday AM car show in Woodland Hills California .. was just leaving when the GT 40 pulled in .. thought it was a kit car at first .. then spoke with the owner .. turned out he was one of the designers that worked with Ford on the design / build of the then new GT 40 .. and his company fabricated all of the carbon fibre components for the car .. so Ford permitted him to get on the early reservation list to buy one for $150,000. Really slick machine. I have a Shelby 289 FIA replica built by ERA replica automobiles in New Britain CT. Has a 331 stroker motor with 446 HP at 6000 rpm, puts 326 hp to the rear wheels (on a chassis dyno tuner). Fun car to tool around in
Beautiful car. I am NOT a Ford guy but those re-tooled GT models are near perfect sports cars.

Advertisement
Any particular names you’d think that would be an even better fit?
Sean Duggan at BC
Matt Brock at Mississippi State - doubles as a great special teams coordinator
Kevin Sherrer if the Giants don’t keep him around with the new staff
Antonio Pierce if he’d move cross country and stick in college

There’s a bunch of small school DCs I’d consider too but you never know if they want to take a lower position but move up a level. Maybe Steele could groom one to be the next DC

Advertisement
Sean Duggan at BC
Matt Brock at Mississippi State - doubles as a great special teams coordinator
Kevin Sherrer if the Giants don’t keep him around with the new staff
Antonio Pierce if he’d move cross country and stick in college

There’s a bunch of small school DCs I’d consider too but you never know if they want to take a lower position but move up a level. Maybe Steele could groom one to be the next DC
I dont think Pierce will have option to coach college for a good while.

Advertisement
Wasn’t sure if he was part of that scandal going on or not. The “to pursue NFL opportunities” probably is a dead giveaway
The initial casualties named him and Herm as the ring leaders. He was relieved of duties a few months ago just remained on "staff" technically.

Story time: I was in Las Vega last week for the TPE Trade Show (my boy owns a cigar shop in Scottsdale, AZ). Anyway, saw Ed on Wednesday and introduced myself. Kept it brief. Thursday, I see Ed and ask him "when are we gonna have a DC?" I thought he was going to graciously shrug it off and keep moving. Instead, we spoke briefly, and he says something to the effect of 'what y'all want from me?' I took it as a "let's make something happen." He says, "take my number so we can talk." I'm thinking to myself, "I'm just a modestly contributing alum. I cannot hire my man, although I wish I could."

It's kind of surreal when a GOAT offers you his contact info. Needless to say, I'm not going to pester the brother or send him **** Chaney pics.
This is amazing

Advertisement
The difference between the two is insurmountable. One is crafted with history, performance, quality, fit and finish in mind. One is made in the **** hole that is Detroit and it shows. Yes corvette makes a solid inexpensive sports car for the common man. This is not a real conversation.
Actually made in Bowling Green, KY. But carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back