Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not really sure if Euros washed out back then...the two best European players of that era (Petrovic and Sabonis) were not able to have complete NBA careers like their American peers
The Euros got tougher because the culture of the league took over out there. The Dream Team changed all of that, but it took a while. It got instilled with the younger kids. Prior to that, those kids had talent but they didn’t have the heart. Agreed on Curry the second best 1 ever

Curry is the biggest factor. He spreads the floor and has 10 eyes on him at all times. But Eddie would eat this league up. He was a very good athlete btw
Not 28 a game. Eddie would be a very good player. Nostalgia is clouding your judgment here on someone like Eddie.

Advertisement
The hand checking talk is overplayed. Especially when refs called hand checking during that era whenever they pleased, but they would also allow it. The 90s were rough but a ton of that happened in the paint. Watch old games and most of the times anyone in the back court had a bubble around them. Don’t even get me started on the 80s, sure there was extracurricular activities that just never happen anymore but it’s over played.

In the end all time greats would be all time greats in any era. Lebron would have been a monster in the 80s just like Larry Legend would be a monster today. Strong argument to be made both would be better if they swapped eras.
Jordan never even guarded dudes like the Human Highlight Reel. Watch the games. Small dudes mostly.. Lebron guarded 1-5 during his career.

There's a difference between size and toughness. Lebron dives into the paint with a giant physical advantage every time and if someone even breaths on him he flails like worm that just had some kid poor salt on him . In the 90's he'd have a forearm to ribs or teeth on every drive. That little ***** iso basketball and beg for a foul game didn't fly. NBA team were built like hockey teams. There were always 2-3 goons ready to go to war.
The only reason these young guys act like they been shot while driving thru the lane, is because that’s the way the game officiated nowadays. LBJ would adapt.

Advertisement
I was Hoping to find useful information in the thread Idont even know why I bothered To check
Yeah you mean with all the information that’s being dispersed for everyone to consume. Very few know anything and those that really do ain’t gonna risk whatever access they truly have to be first to break anything. So just chill and enjoy the convos this thread provides as we all wait

Jordan never even guarded dudes like the Human Highlight Reel. Watch the games. Small dudes mostly.. Lebron guarded 1-5 during his career.
1-5 is also overplayed. Lebron has guarded the 4 and 5 but usually got worked if they were good, especially 5s. Lebron was an elite defender when he wanted to be but I put Mike above him I that area.

Not 28 a game. Eddie would be a very good player. Nostalgia is clouding your judgment here on someone like Eddie.
Eddie would score in the 20's easily. The game is like football now , less physical and spread out. Guys that Liberty named would kill with all the freedom to move and space. I think you're clouded on how easy the game is now for offensive players. No defense , no touching , no physicality and the defense is spread thin.

Advertisement
suicide GIF

Eddie would score in the 20's easily. The game is like football now , less physical and spread out. Guys that Liberty named would kill with all the freedom to move and space. I think you're clouded on how easy the game is now for offensive players. No defense , no touching , no physicality and the defense is spread thin.
20, ehhh depending which team but I won’t fight over that but the statement was 28.

1-5 is also overplayed. Lebron has guarded the 4 and 5 but usually got worked if they were good, especially 5s. Lebron was an elite defender when he wanted to be but I put Mike above him I that area.
versatility wise it covered a lot of holes that Mike didnt have to worry about when he had Pippen and either Rodman/ Grant.

Not to mention lebron has been the primary ball handler in most his teams. MJ had guards or scottie bringing it up the court.

And I love MJ fsv player growing up. But the game has evolved and players continue to evolve.

Advertisement
Imagine Prime Curry in that era if a dude like Abdul Rauf could do this to the best defense in the league:

Imagine using a dude who scored 14 points a game for a career as some sort of proof of Steph curry still being Steph Curry in the 90’s. All of your arguments reek of desperation.

Euros washed out at a very high rate to the point it got taboo to draft them. Because of the physicality and hand checking. They were considered soft. There was exceptions like Divac, Petro, Sabonis and a few others.
I can't deny the taboo. I feel that Sabonis and Petrovic not having full careers would have changed that perception earlier so the belief that Euros succeed now because the league is softer would not be germane (lol only applicable word i could think of). Yes, it is much easier to score now without handchecking and physicality we're in agreement there.

However, if Sabonis and Petrovic end their careers with 5x all star games a pop (which they had the ability to) then it changes the notion that only the later generation of European all stars (Parker, Dirk then onto Luka, Jokic.) dominated because of the rule changes. Reality is the top guys always carry the torch.

Soft Euros still get washed out the league like Mario Hezonja, Dragan Bender, Dante Exum, etc.

Imagine Prime Curry in that era if a dude like Abdul Rauf could do this to the best defense in the league:

Shooting off a high screen? Pretty amazing stuff . That's today's basketball as a whole. If Curry played back then I'd like to see his reaction after he got blew up on a few drives and blasted off a couple screens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back