Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
dikembe mutombo no GIF
It's like a few times in history right ? GSW did it , Knicks , Denver and Memphis?

Advertisement
Advertisement
And? I watched Kobe drop 30 or more on some of the best defenders the game had to offer and he did it in his sleep. Him dropping 33 on Jordan and Pippen means absolutely nothing to the fact that Jordan worked for his name while Lebron has hade a golden spoon in his mouth since he was 16. I watched the 6’8 phenom wilt at the sight of a 7’0 German with bad knees. Never in a million years would that have happened with Michael.
Kobe was 19 years old whose game was not close to his prime.

If Reggie Miller, Glen Rice, Allan Houston, Mitch Richmond & Eddie Jones played in today’s NBA they would’ve averaged 28+ points a game.

Reggie Miller was 3rd All-Time in 3 pointers made & he only averaged 4.7 3-point attempts for his career, at his peak he was shooting 6.6 3’s a game, if he played in this new NBA with these current rules he would’ve shot easily 12-14 3’s a game.
Only one on that list that has even a chance is Mitch Richmond. Those handles…

Advertisement
The idea that Lebron at 6'8 260 couldn't dominate against the Bad Boy Pistons is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on this board. At his size, he would still be the fastest man on the court baseline to baseline including Isaiah. The only guy who could match his strength would be Mahorn. I know nostalgia is a powerful emotion but come on.
This!

Advertisement
No question physically he would be beyond anything they had. But that rough physical style and mind games that Detroit would play with him would be amazing. Lambier would probably have Bron ejected before the end of halftime.
Look into Lebron's upbringing. If he needed to adapt to thuggery, he would have. That bully ball was necessary in the 90's because a lot of players had a lack of skill.

Guards like John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Kevin Johnson etc would DOMINATE in today’s NBA with no defense, no hand checking & free range shooting...

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf would’ve been a multiple time MVP in the current league.
The hand checking talk is overplayed. Especially when refs called hand checking during that era whenever they pleased, but they would also allow it. The 90s were rough but a ton of that happened in the paint. Watch old games and most of the times anyone in the back court had a bubble around them. Don’t even get me started on the 80s, sure there was extracurricular activities that just never happen anymore but it’s over played.

In the end all time greats would be all time greats in any era. Lebron would have been a monster in the 80s just like Larry Legend would be a monster today. Strong argument to be made both would be better if they swapped eras.

Advertisement
If Reggie Miller, Glen Rice, Allan Houston, Mitch Richmond & Eddie Jones played in today’s NBA they would’ve averaged 28+ points a game.

Reggie Miller was 3rd All-Time in 3 pointers made & he only averaged 4.7 3-point attempts for his career, at his peak he was shooting 6.6 3’s a game, if he played in this new NBA with these current rules he would’ve shot easily 12-14 3’s a game.

Mark price would eat in this soft *** league. He was a 50 / 40 / 90 guy in the 80's, when there was actual defense and physicality. He was Steve Nash pre all the knee injuries. Go listen to Isaiah Thomas talk about how he busted his *** and was a hard stick. Drazen Petrovich would eat any two guard going now.

The nba is more skilled now and that's only because these kids no matter the size practice dribbling and threes , nothing else. So of course they shoot better. Back then it was mostly mid range , back to the basket and defense. It's two different worlds.
Drazen would average 34 ppg in today's NBa.

Glen Rice would average 20 points on 3s alone. Peak rice was a better shooter than Reggie Miller. You can quote me. Glen's problem was he was fat and slow.

The two greatest basketball players of all time are Shawn Kemp and Isolation Joe Johnson. They are 1a and 1b, take your pick.

Not really sure if Euros washed out back then...the two best European players of that era (Petrovic and Sabonis) were not able to have complete NBA careers like their American peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back