Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I was Hoping to find useful information in the thread Idont even know why I bothered To check
Ice Cube Friday GIF

When you say Stockton and Kidd would dominate today, what do you mean? Like rack up assists like they already did or score 25-30 a night?

Kevin Johnson and Abdul Rauf would eat in today’s league though. I try to be unbiased. There were plenty of great players then that would be great now but as a whole, I don’t see how you watch a game from back in the day, a game now and think the players back then were better basketball players. Just bc they could be more physical doesn’t mean they were as skilled. I get nostalgia but sometimes you gotta just trust your eyes..
I trust my eyes, I’m watching the Lakers down to the Charlotte Hornets with guys like Terry Rozier, Miles Bridges & Mason Plumlee on the floor lol...

Grayson MF’in Allen is in the NBA bruh... Grayson Allen lol.

And what I mean by Stockton & Kidd would dominate is, Stockton in particular would’ve shot way more 3’s & scored a lot more points because he wouldn’t have gotten beaten up like he did during his era having to fight through hard screens & getting hit hard at the basket like it was allowed in his era, because despite the better Defense, he was still was a highly efficiently player & a really good shooter.

If LaMelo Ball is as good as he is in today’s league, Jason Kidd would be that x 10.

And I don’t think that every player from back in the day was better, but I completely reject the notion they couldn’t play in the current league, the game as it is today is softer & more centered around spacing & shooting, which is a much easier game to play in, which means guys who were good when things were harder would excel when things are easier, that’s the point.

But overall it’s a completely different game now & you can’t really cross-compare. If the NBA was centered around analytics as it is today many players who were relegated to just being role players would’ve done a lot more. The game is more free-flowing now & Coaching is completely different as well. The way the floor is used & the offensive setups are different, it’s just a complete different game.

Think of a player who was as rawly talented as Rasheed Wallace, he sacrificed his individual game in order to fit into the system he played in for his team, a player of his caliber wouldn’t even play with his back to the Basket in today’s game, but again back in his era he had to play within the role & mold of his position. Today’s game really doesn’t have a position, there aren’t very many true Centers or true Power Forwards anymore, it’s basically just a PG & 4 scorers.

Advertisement
Zeke was the leader of bad boys. He was uber talented and tough as nails. He would absolutely murder today's NBA. Made my childhood great as a Pistons fan. We got another Star in the making with Cade.

The idea that Lebron at 6'8 260 couldn't dominate against the Bad Boy Pistons is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on this board. At his size, he would still be the fastest man on the court baseline to baseline including Isaiah. The only guy who could match his strength would be Mahorn. I know nostalgia is a powerful emotion but come on.

Mahmoud “Chris Jackson” would be an assassin today.
Ahhhh, you beat me too it. Great Chris Jackson, LSU call.

Guys back then would also stab a guy going to the basket, they hated each other. There is not as much vitriol as there once was and I miss that aspect.

Bring the hate.

Advertisement
The west that year was weird and tbh kinda overrated. Okc was still young and finding their way and the Lakers was a mess, their issues got exposed that series. The Spurs was the one seed and got upset by Memphis in the first round. That never happens.

It really wasn’t that impressive that year. Things set up pretty clean for them until the finals. It was there for the taking.
dikembe mutombo no GIF

I trust my eyes, I’m watching the Lakers down to the Charlotte Hornets with guys like Terry Rozier, Miles Bridges & Mason Plumlee on the floor lol...

Grayson MF’in Allen is in the NBA bruh... Grayson Allen lol.

And what I mean by Stockton & Kidd would dominate is, Stockton in particular would’ve shot way more 3’s & scored a lot more points because he wouldn’t have gotten beaten up like he did during his era having to fight through hard screens & getting hit hard at the basket like it was allowed in his era, because despite the better Defense, he was still was a highly efficiently player & a really good shooter.

If LaMelo Ball is as good as he is in today’s league, Jason Kidd would be that x 10.

And I don’t think that every player from back in the day was better, but I completely reject the notion they couldn’t play in the current league, the game as it is today is softer & more centered around spacing & shooting, which is a much easier game to play in, which means guys who were good when things were harder would excel when things are easier, that’s the point.

But overall it’s a completely different game now & you can’t really cross-compare. If the NBA was centered around analytics as it is today many players who were relegated to just being role players would’ve done a lot more. The game is more free-flowing now & Coaching is completely different as well. The way the floor is used & the offensive setups are different, it’s just a complete different game.

Think of a player who was as rawly talented as Rasheed Wallace, he sacrificed his individual game in order to fit into the system he played in for his team, a player of his caliber wouldn’t even play with his back to the Basket in today’s game, but again back in his era he had to play within the role & mold of his position. Today’s game really doesn’t have a position, there aren’t very many true Centers or true Power Forwards anymore, it’s basically just a PG & 4 scorers.
I’m going to watch Kobe clips instead. Especially this week. I’d rather listen to him talk about basketball than watch these ****sticks right now…

Advertisement
The idea that Lebron at 6'8 260 couldn't dominate against the Bad Boy Pistons is probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on this board. At his size, he would still be the fastest man on the court baseline to baseline including Isaiah. The only guy who could match his strength would be Mahorn. I know nostalgia is a powerful emotion but come on.

No question physically he would be beyond anything they had. But that rough physical style and mind games that Detroit would play with him would be amazing. Lambier would probably have Bron ejected before the end of halftime.

Two different sports, apples to oranges.

And it depends on which player in particular you’re talking about.

Maybe yall are young, but there was plenty of highly skilled athletes in the 90’s.

The game was actually more high flying playing above the rim back then because the game was set around just floor spacing & launching 60 3’s a game. You had to actually score at the basket in the 90’s so athleticism was never an issue for that time.
from 1988-1996 there were 6 expansion teams that came into the NBA, the 3 point line was shorter for like 2 seasons. Sure there were high skilled guys in the 90s. But today you have multiple players that can pass/ shoot/ dribble at every position. Not to mention that now we have zone defenses where you don't necessarily have to commit to help. Back then you had to commit or it was a violation. Imagine Lebron's passing in that era knowing the double was staying asa double team .. insanity.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back