Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Imagine using a dude who scored 14 points a game for a career as some sort of proof of Steph curry still being Steph Curry in the 90’s. All of your arguments reek of desperation.
a dude who cooked the Bulls scoring 14 ppg. Jordan was fuarding him in that first quarter and then gave the assignment away when he kept cooking him.

Advertisement
I need someone that really knows the game of basketball to talk to me about why they think MJ is a better overall player than Bron bc I’m just seeing the same tired 2011 era takes from MJ fans/Bron haters.

What skills do you think MJ had that were superior to Lebron’s so I can quickly refute it with actual numbers? In what world is MJ the more valuable player to his team? Bc all I know is that he never won shît without Phil and Scottie and the year after he retired the Bulls still won 50 some games and advanced in the playoffs. What team has Lebron been on that could ever do that? I hope MJ never lost in the finals with a coach/team that could still win nearly 60 games without him. What’s more ridiculous is that he only got there 6 times. What about all the other seasons that he played?

Y’all don’t want to really get in the weeds with me on a MJ/Bron debate..
6-0 not 4-6 not swept TWICE....not lost 4-1 2 other times.......didnt conspire with other superstars to carry him to championships.
GOAT has more championships, more MVP, more Finals MVP, more scoring titles, more all NBA defensive team, more NBA defensive player of the year,
GOAT never went to game 7 Lebron win loss finals

There are some numbers..............

I can't deny the taboo. I feel that Sabonis and Petrovic not having full careers would have changed that perception earlier so the belief that Euros succeed now because the league is softer would not be germane. Yes, it is much easier to score now without handchecking and physicality we're in agreement there.

However, if Sabonis and Petrovic end their careers with 5x all star games a pop (which they had the ability to) then it changes the notion that only the later generation of European all stars (Parker, Dirk then onto Luka, Jokic.) dominated because of the rule changes. Reality is the top guys always carry the torch.

Soft Euros still get washed out the league like Mario Hezonja, Dragan Bender, Dante Exum, etc.
The Nba is Fiba so the Euros are very comfortable now. Back then most couldn't handle the physicality or not having free reign. I've heard it too many times to count. Croatians and Serbians were different cats though. Petro had the mentality of a Chicago hooper. Not all euros had that. He backed down from no one. Prime Sabonis was arguably the most talented big ever, 7'3 leading the break and dishing behind the back passes. Then stepping back hitting threes. If y'all youngsters here think Jokic is good you should've seen this cat.

Another thing not talked about with the 80s/90s era of hoops is how many injuries the stars had. Kawhi the last three years isn't the same as 2DPOY and quick jumping Spurs Kawhi, but he came back sharp asl! He is a better scorer and passer now than before. I bet he returns to All Star level next season too.

A lot of dudes had early primes or mid-late 20s primes cut short because of big injuries. They never recovered. While a guy like CP3 looks like he can go on forever

Last edited:
Most iconic tv show intros?

Go
1643422886682.jpeg

Advertisement
Shooting off a high screen? Pretty amazing stuff . That's today's basketball as a whole. If Curry played back then I'd like to see his reaction after he got blew up on a few drives and blasted off a couple screens.
Think Curry has the style he has against the Pistons of the late 80's??

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Nba is Fiba so the Euros are very comfortable now. Back then most couldn't handle the physicality or not having free reign. I've heard it too many times to count. Croatians and Serbians were different cats though. Petro had the mentality of a Chicago hooper. Not all euros had that. He backed down from no one. Prime Sabonis was arguably the most talented big ever, 7'3 leading the break and dishing behind the back passes. Then stepping back hitting threes. If y'all youngsters here think Jokic is good you should've seen this cat.
Sabonis was a great player no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back