Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always Sunny Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Is it possible that Briles has already agreed to be the OC but they just don’t want to announce it until after Arkansas’ bowl game? That seems unusual to me in this day and age but I’m bored and impatient so I’m posting about it on a message board.
1639877045175.gif

He’s a little bit more difficult to judge, because he was fantastic at Princeton...

But his one year at OK St wasn’t that great & Rutgers is still Rutgers, his QB at Rutgers Noah Verdal is trash & even when he was at OK St for a year Spencer Sanders isn’t very good either, he also didn’t call plays at OK St.

So idk tbh. He’s also a Northeastern guy from NJ who used to coach HS ball in NJ, so I would imagine being at Rutgers is exactly where he wants to be.

I like OC’s who can go to places even where there’s minimal talent & still manufacture high productivity out of their system. That’s why guys like Matt Mumme, Graham Harrell etc were my top picks because they’ve been at places like New Mexico St, Nevada, North Texas etc & still produced QB’s that had 3,000/4,000yd+ seasons & threw for over 11,000+ yards & 90+ TD’s in their careers.

That to me is the mark of a truly good OC.

Haven’t heard that guys name in a while. Wasn’t he the rumored OC or richt or manny when they got hired?

It's all good.

You're never gonna believe it. I'm still having trouble dealing with it myself but she is going to UF. We raised a Hurricanes fan and she's a Gator. Tough pill to swallow bro. Lol
She makes me feel better aboutbthe whole situation when she tells me she's still a Canes fan and this is just a business decision. She loves the school. Despises Gainesville.
Know a lot of dentists in Central Florida, if she needs a job when she is done I’m sure I’ll know someone hiring.

Advertisement
LCE about Sean Gleeson as OC I know he’s at Rutgers

Before I saw him at Rutgers.... I would've said absolutely....

But Watching him with Rutgers - in person - (granted they don't have a Qb), He's not really as good as advertise. Working a couple of his scrimmages - kids don't really grasp his plays or know where the **** to line up...

Sometime hes just throwing **** to the wall. But at Rutgers - thats what you need to do without a true QB...

definitely a hard pass!

JC

Only 3 dental schools in the state. NSU, UF, and one on the west coast. Her hand was forced lol.
The kid actually had a really hard decision to make. In the end, It came down to 3 schools.

UF, University of Michigan or University of Pennsylvania. U Penn offered her a half ride to attend which wound up being around $260k. The allure of attending an Ivy League school was very tempting and she thought long and hard about Michigan. Which is widely considered the best Dental school in the country but they only offered her a scholarship to pay for 1 year of their program.

Seeing how we currently reside in Orlando, we're over the moon happy for her and thrilled that she decided to go to a school that is less than a 2 hour ride from home.

Advertisement
The kid actually had a really hard decision to make. In the end, It came down to 3 schools.

UF, University of Michigan or University of Pennsylvania. U Penn offered her a half ride to attend which wound up being around $260k. The allure of attending an Ivy League school was very tempting and she thought long and hard about Michigan. Which is widely considered the best Dental school in the country but they only offered her a scholarship to pay for 1 year of their program.

Seeing how we currently reside in Orlando, we're over the moon happy for her and thrilled that she decided to go to a school that is less than a 2 hour ride from home.
Absolutely correct decision. Rankings and Ivy etc do not matter in that field. My father is a graduate of UF dental program and has had great success.

Advertisement

Sounds like it worked out great for you and your family. Cheers to her not getting out of there half a million in the hole. Most the offices I know are between Dr. Phillips and The Villages. I do wish UM had a dental school I think it would make a lot of sense in that location and boost the schools prestige.

So I did some digging since I have a parody account on the Twitter now.

Somebody want to tell me when Glenn Schumann started following Wes? He doesn’t have a UGA offer…btw he also follows Mario and Feld. Chris partridge also follows Mario.

I find all of that kinda weird.
What's important is... WHEN did he start following??

Advertisement
We toured UM when my youngest daughter was trying to figure out which college she wanted to attend 6 years ago. We toured at least a dozen schools. UM was the most unorganized and was probably the most dated university we visited. We were even invited back again once my daughter narrowed her choices down to 3 and that visit was even worse. Sadly, there were zero ***s given when it came to the administration and how unorganized the school was. Sucked because that's the school she had always wanted to attend. It honestly felt like all they gave a *** about was getting that paper. Needless to say. She opted against attending UM. Being as expensive as it is to attend there. You would think they would have their ****t together. So,i t doesn't surprise me in the least that they still have that lil lispy ****suckr"'s name listed.

I know this is going to seem minor, especially since everyone is busy blowing Frenk for the Cristobal/Radakovich hires, but UM Admissions has really declined under Frenk. I went to UM when Foote was President, I was in President's 100, we were the student volunteers who led all the tours of campus, etc. It was very organized and friendly back then, but from talking with friends and family who have had kids applying to UM over the past 5 years, this has really declined under Frenk.

Maybe he'll delegate the Admissions office to Echevarria and Fernandez, and things will get fixed...

I know this is going to seem minor, especially since everyone is busy blowing Frenk for the Cristobal/Radakovich hires, but UM Admissions has really declined under Frenk. I went to UM when Foote was President, I was in President's 100, we were the student volunteers who led all the tours of campus, etc. It was very organized and friendly back then, but from talking with friends and family who have had kids applying to UM over the past 5 years, this has really declined under Frenk.

Maybe he'll delegate the Admissions office to Echevarria and Fernandez, and things will get fixed...
Yeah, we were kind of shocked at how unorganized UM was. I'm glad you had a great experience. UM was her school of choice coming out of HS but after 2 visits, she kind of knew it wasn't the school for her.
Sadly, the only school that I would say gave gave us a worst first impression was UCF and we toured a bunch of schools. Talk about giving zero ***s. Lol. There were about a 50 people in our group when the day started and half of them left before the day was over. We didn't come across one person at UCF that even tried to remotely make us feel like they really wanted to be there much less try and sway someone into considering going to school there. They were very clear about how easy it was to get accepted though. Lol

Our tour in 2018 was very nice and the campus visit was organized. Good tour of Towers and Engineering school and walk around campus.
I've toured Maryland, Penn State, Colorado, Florida, Air Force Academy, LSU, Miami, Virginia Tech. Virginia, Tennessee and George Mason. Miami was very good in comparison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back