Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It's all good.

You're never gonna believe it. I'm still having trouble dealing with it myself but she is going to UF. We raised a Hurricanes fan and she's a Gator. Tough pill to swallow bro. Lol
She makes me feel better aboutbthe whole situation when she tells me she's still a Canes fan and this is just a business decision. She loves the school. Despises Gainesville.
Don't feel too bad. Mine's headed on that same path. She wants to be an engineer and qualifies for Bright Futures.

Advertisement
We toured UM when my youngest daughter was trying to figure out which college she wanted to attend 6 years ago. We toured at least a dozen schools. UM was the most unorganized and was probably the most dated university we visited. We were even invited back again once my daughter narrowed her choices down to 3 and that visit was even worse. Sadly, there were zero ***s given when it came to the administration and how unorganized the school was. Sucked because that's the school she had always wanted to attend. It honestly felt like all they gave a *** about was getting that paper. Needless to say. She opted against attending UM. Being as expensive as it is to attend there. You would think they would have their ****t together. So,i t doesn't surprise me in the least that they still have that lil lispy ****suckr"'s name listed.
Sad to hear about what you experienced. However, that has nothing to do with who is in the HR system. HR and payroll systems have to carry personnel names as long as they are still getting paid. Once you terminate someone and the last paycheck is sent, then you can end date the person in the system. Otherwise there is no way to pay someone. And all pay checks comes from these systems these days for medium to large sized organizations. On the other hand, if the optics is that bad, you can probably hide someone from being displayed in the web portal, such as where it is shown in this case. This is the reason why most organizations don't put HR name searches on an external website. Typically it's intranet only. UM's is especially bad, when you can search using multiple methods, which I did last night.

LCE about Sean Gleeson as OC I know he’s at Rutgers
He’s a little bit more difficult to judge, because he was fantastic at Princeton...

But his one year at OK St wasn’t that great & Rutgers is still Rutgers, his QB at Rutgers Noah Verdal is trash & even when he was at OK St for a year Spencer Sanders isn’t very good either, he also didn’t call plays at OK St.

So idk tbh. He’s also a Northeastern guy from NJ who used to coach HS ball in NJ, so I would imagine being at Rutgers is exactly where he wants to be.

I like OC’s who can go to places even where there’s minimal talent & still manufacture high productivity out of their system. That’s why guys like Matt Mumme, Graham Harrell etc were my top picks because they’ve been at places like New Mexico St, Nevada, North Texas etc & still produced QB’s that had 3,000/4,000yd+ seasons & threw for over 11,000+ yards & 90+ TD’s in their careers.

That to me is the mark of a truly good OC.

Don't feel too bad. Mine's headed on that same path. She wants to be an engineer and qualifies for Bright Futures.
That's great to hear!

Bright futures has been a blessing for sure. One of my kids got the Bright Futures scholarship and the other didn't. Thankfully we did Florida Pre Paid and was able to cover the 4 years for my daughter who didn't qualify.

Interesting fact.
If you have Florida Pre Paid and your kid qualifies for Bright Futures, the school gobbles up all of the pre paid money 1st. Then uses Bright Futures for the rest of the fees.

Whereas, my daughter who only had FPP, had all of her fees covered by FPP and we didn't have come out of pocket for anything other than housing.

We thought we were going to get some loot back from our FPP account when my daughter qualified for BF. We were wrong. Kind of F'd up if you ask me but I ain't trying to fight City hall.

Advertisement
It's all good.

You're never gonna believe it. I'm still having trouble dealing with it myself but she is going to UF. We raised a Hurricanes fan and she's a Gator. Tough pill to swallow bro. Lol
She makes me feel better aboutbthe whole situation when she tells me she's still a Canes fan and this is just a business decision. She loves the school. Despises Gainesville.
Smart decision. Best school in the state academically, for the best price. Can't beat that.

I went to school out of state. If I could do it all over again, I'd do what your daughter did. These student loans are the worst!

Is Briles more of a veer style RPO game? Would that quicker/more downhill approach benefit our backs?

Am I totally off on this??

Advertisement
Is Briles more of a veer style RPO game? Would that quicker/more downhill approach benefit our backs?

Am I totally off on this??
Yes, he runs the Veer & Shoot offense, it’s the Run & Shoot passing attack combined with the Veer rushing attack.

It’s the system Art developed at Stephenville & brought with him to Houston & Baylor.

As far as the benefit for the backs, that will mainly be dependent upon the OL, the system itself works with good backs but no rushing attack works without a good interior line.

Advertisement
So I did some digging since I have a parody account on the Twitter now.

Somebody want to tell me when Glenn Schumann started following Wes? He doesn’t have a UGA offer…btw he also follows Mario and Feld. Chris partridge also follows Mario.

I find all of that kinda weird.

Last edited:
So I did some digging since I have a parody account on the Twitter now.

Somebody want to tell me when Glenn Schumann started following Wes? He doesn’t have a UGA offer…btw he also follows Mario and Feld. Chris partridge also follows Mario.

I find all of that kinda weird.
Playing the Twitter game is hit or miss. Sometimes the follows are leading you to something, other times it’s just a random coincidence or trolling. Hard to distinguish

That's great to hear!

Bright futures has been a blessing for sure. One of my kids got the Bright Futures scholarship and the other didn't. Thankfully we did Florida Pre Paid and was able to cover the 4 years for my daughter who didn't qualify.

Interesting fact.
If you have Florida Pre Paid and your kid qualifies for Bright Futures, the school gobbles up all of the pre paid money 1st. Then uses Bright Futures for the rest of the fees.

Whereas, my daughter who only had FPP, had all of her fees covered by FPP and we didn't have come out of pocket for anything other than housing.

We thought we were going to get some loot back from our FPP account when my daughter qualified for BF. We were wrong. Kind of F'd up if you ask me but I ain't trying to fight City hall.
My kid got an athletic scholly to UNF BACK IN 08. They incorporated Bf/prepaid/ scholly. Never paid a dime, until she moved of campus. Still minimal money and she trained and worked summers for pocket money. Lessons she learned served her well post college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back