Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
But .. at the very least you could say "it's just a wild *** guess on my part .. I have NO inside information" OR "I do have a contact who is connected to the staff .. and that is what I am being told". So .. is it just a guess / feeling on your part .. or did somebody with some degree of credibility tell you this would happen .. today?
I was pretty definitive in my post last night and this morning, no?

Advertisement
Eh, I've owned several boats. I think people get the idea that they're as trouble free and idiot-proof as most cars are today and then they flip out when they have to do maintenance and repairs on them that they don't have to do to their cars. If you own PWCs, you already know this. My personal opinion is that boats are like swimming pools. They cost a lot. They require a lot of maintenance. If you don't use it often, it's pretty much a waste of money. A lot of times it's better to know someone who owns one than to own one yourself. But, if you really enjoy it and use it all the time, it's well worth the time and money.
BOAT =

Break
Out
Another
Thousand

Eh, I've owned several boats. I think people get the idea that they're as trouble free and idiot-proof as most cars are today and then they flip out when they have to do maintenance and repairs on them that they don't have to do to their cars. If you own PWCs, you already know this. My personal opinion is that boats are like swimming pools. They cost a lot. They require a lot of maintenance. If you don't use it often, it's pretty much a waste of money. A lot of times it's better to know someone who owns one than to own one yourself. But, if you really enjoy it and use it all the time, it's well worth the time and money.
One important aspect of owning boats .. is to buy quality. Doesn't have to be new .. ideally buy a high quality brand that is 4-6 years old and lightly used. I bought a 34' sailboat in '92. Was a 6 year old .. Sabre (built in Maine) .. New it was $130K at the time .. I searched the market ... found 12 boats for sale used .. visited them all .. bought one that had almost never been sailed .. but well maintained and looked new. Paid $77K for it .. used it for 8 years .. maintained it to a high standard .. sold it for $77K.

It would be in a place we are only in 3-5 months a year. We're not buying any boats. As you said, plenty of friends with boats and we can rent when we want one for a fraction of annual costs. I don't have the interest or the bandwidth (especially while we're still looking for coordinators!) to deal with upkeep, etc. as you said. Just not my thing.

This will net out somewhere between trading in her car lease early and jewelry. :)

Advertisement
I mean, I am the most unreligious Catholic in the world and I somehow knew that.

Probably because Germany had some priests with the last one being investigated for being aware of pedophilia and sexual harrassment of children in his work whilst ignoring the situation.

ANYWAY...
habemus papam. "We have a pope" in latin. white smoke. no pope, black smoke.

remember, NO COLEY NO PONCE

I’ve owned boats for 20 years. It’s been a “complicated “ relationship the entire time.

Advertisement
Here me out.
Mario played at Miami from 1989-1992

Ed Orgeron coached at Miami from 1988-1992

Coach O happens to also be very close with a certain CB coach in Gainesville.

8XFT0K.gif

Advertisement
BOAT =

Break
Out
Another
Thousand
It’s true. Don’t get into boating if you’re counting pennies. It’ll bleed you dry. The only reason I’ve been able to own boats most of my life is that I do a lot of the work myself and have good friends who are capable of doing the stuff I can’t handle.

Advertisement
Is this real life?
No .. it is not .. this is a fantasy thread on an opinion board where many people talk about many things .. generally without saying anything. Add to that the fact that so far NOBODY has been right .. even acknowledged "insiders" on anything related to people being hired. So, there's that.

It’s true. Don’t get into boating if you’re counting pennies. It’ll bleed you dry. The only reason I’ve been able to own boats most of my life is that I do a lot of the work myself and have good friends who are capable of doing the stuff I can’t handle.
yup. i use to do a lot of the work. i actually enjoyed it, but the last several years i've been too busy and have someone that fixes all the stuff that needs fixing.

my boat is wet slipped so it tends to have more issues.

Reactions: DTP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back