Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Royal India in Hollywood has been on point forever. Chicken Tikka Masala, Saag is off the hook (love the lamb version) and the Kashmiri Nan with the sweet flavor (think it is almond) brings every flavor together.
I second the Royal India endorsement. Spot on. Good ****.

Advertisement
I remember reading about this one a few years ago. It's 1,000 lbs or so and was shot in Georgia.

View attachment 173983

My understanding is that the hogs in Texas are mostly from the Russian boar breed that was imported by hunters and sportsmen in this country. Those can get pretty big but are not necessarily same breed as some of these "hogzillas" found in other parts of the country as those are Russian boar mixed with descendants of livestock hogs who escaped farms...these livestock hogs, which are bred to grow fast in ordered to be slaughtered young, can get very big if they are not processed young..I can be wrong, but this is my understanding.

My understanding is that the hogs in Texas are mostly from the Russian boar breed that was imported by hunters and sportsmen in this country. Those can get pretty big but are not necessarily same breed as some of these "hogzillas" found in other parts of the country as those are Russian boar mixed with descendants of livestock hogs who escaped farms...these livestock hogs, which are bred to grow fast in ordered to be slaughtered young, can get very big if they are not processed young..I can be wrong, but this is my understanding.
Yeah i think you're right

Advertisement
Are they good eating those wild hogs? Like do the pork chops grill up nicely? Do you take some of it somewhere to have it smoked for bacon and for ham and is it pretty good?

I’ll eat me one of them porky MF’s.
Not the big ones IMO. They can taste gamey. Smaller-medium ones carve up nice though. And female. Males taste worst they spoil their meat faster. I’ve also done them whole both on a spit and wrapped in banana leaves and buried for two days with coals and lava rocks.

But like in Florida when you hunt them
You hunt to kill. You will always have too much and end up tossing a few. Fishing or gators I’m completely different. Boars are on boa level or lion fish spearing type of hunt for me.

Yes, but they have found that there has been some breeding between the different species, which has resulted in some of these super hogs. They are big, aggressive, mean, and tougher to bring down.

Advertisement
Not the big ones IMO. They can taste gamey. Smaller-medium ones carve up nice though. And female. Males taste worst they spoil their meat faster. I’ve also done them whole both on a spit and wrapped in banana leaves and buried for two days with coals and lava rocks.

But like in Florida when you hunt them
You hunt to kill. You will always have too much and end up tossing a few. Fishing or gators I’m completely different. Boars are on boa level or lion fish spearing type of hunt for me.
That’s cool how you cook it underground like Hawaiians do. You should donate it to a food bank if you have extra rather than tossing it.

That’s cool how you cook it underground like Hawaiians do. You should donate it to a food bank if you have extra rather than tossing it.
We tried. They won’t take them. Even offered to butcher it for them. Still said no. Against some bs rule. We typically exhaust all options (even dog food) before we toss one. Usually worst case they end up crab bait for stone crab traps.

And yeah cooking it underground was actually really good. Some guy who sailed here from Hawaii taught me how. Quite the process but extremely good.

Advertisement
Yes, but they have found that there has been some breeding between the different species, which has resulted in some of these super hogs. They are big, aggressive, mean, and tougher to bring down.

Yes, this is what I meant to say..that the Eastern European hogs were mixing withe escaped livestock hogs, thus "creating" these super-sized animals.
Lots of good videos on YouTube..they are very smart and tough animals with very good sense of smell...the instructional series by the trappers are particularly good.

Advertisement
yall niggaz ever drink some water
Austin Powers No GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back